2010 Winter Olympics

Dear not so private journal,

Guess what I saw today?? I saw the Olympic torch... in Canada of course. Jealous?

The 2010 winter Olympics are in Vancouver this year. WoOt wOtT! Any other canadians here that went or is planning on going to see this olympic torch making its way across canada in 106 days with 12000 torch bearers?

They actually had a really nice ceremony where I was for it. They had a lot of local bands play... including Doc Walker. Who is a pretty famous country band. Comment if you know who I'm talking about. Comment anyways if you don't.

I'm glad I went, it really gave me some canadian pride to be honest. There were some parts of the ceremony that almost made me cry... and I never cry.

Although one of the bands there, won't say the name... oh what the hell, they won't see this anyway so... Street Certified, they were pretty awful. Their supposed to be some kind of hip hip group. Its really just two guys dressed up as gangsters rapping their band name over and over. It was kinda lame, the only good part about it was when a girl joined them for the last bit of the song... until she started rapping Street Certified.

Rochelle
January 8th, 2010 at 07:06am