Skinny Models

I don't understand why magazines still use stick thin models to show of the latest fashion trends. I think most people will agree that anorexic/almost anorexic models aren't attractive.

I'm not saying that there shouldn't be any thin models in magazines because some people have naturally boyish figures. I'm saying that there should be a variety of different shapes and sizes. For example, it's pointless a skinny model wearing wide leg trousers because it's not meant for their shape, wide leg trouser are suited best on larger women. Different styles suit different sizes and that is how they should be shown in magazines instead of using the typical underweight model.

Also, I hate it when magazines say they are anti-anorexia, then their fashion pages are plastered with models that are literally a sack of bones.

And, young children are starting to read these magazines so they'll think that they have to look this way, when they don't, because the average person doesn't look like that.

The age that people are being diagnosed with anorexia is getting lower and lower. I was reading an article in the newspaper the other day, a mother was saying that her seven year old daughter was acting strangely. The daughter was jumping up and down, then asking her mother if she looked any different. She didn't realize at first what her daughter meant by looking different. The seven year old girl hated the fact that she had a bloated stomach and her friends didn't. She's seven! It's normal to have a bloated stomach at that age.

So, what are your opinions on this subject?
January 8th, 2010 at 05:11pm