(8)

Today, I learned that Roosevelt's one big flaw was trying to pack the supreme court. Still, we've got 9 judges that are ancient because they can keep their term as long as they want. Back in 1930-something, after Roosevelt became popular with New Deal #2 & New Deal #1, he tried to make a law stating that If a SCJ (Supreme Court Justice) doesn't retire by the age of 70-something, another judge may be added to the court. See, the justice was really limiting Roosevelt's future plans... I think. At first, they must have been passing act after act just because they were so intimidated by him. He had the people on his side. Also, he was doing a mighty fine job compared to Ol' Hoover. The non-realist, don't worry, let's make some escapism movies and all drink some tea, too-little-to-late president. Roosevelt felt like the old grandpas were out of date and weren't in tune with the nation. The big deal? Being able to pick who was on the court. Having everything that comes out of the prez's mouth approved by 9 young, fresh, stupid court members that could outvote the elders. The nation didn't like this very much. He then lost the election afterwords Man, I would never want to be a president.

Fridays are the worst. Everyone feels all drained and teachers usually pick friday for test day. By friday, my room is a mess, my brain has exploded, and I don't even really know what day it is. After watching a movie with my parents, I felt like going to bed at seven. I still got a lot of stuff to do though. I try to make it through my school week doing as little homework and studying as possible then cramming on sunday or so. Tomorrow will be my make-up day. I'll just study, reorganize my room, and reread Harry Potter.

Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,
Teach us something please,
Whether we be old and bald
Or young with scabby knees,
Our heads could do with with filling
With some interesting stuff,
For now they're bare and full of air,
Dead flies and bits of fluff,
So teach us things worth knowing,
Bring back what we've forgot,
Just do your best, we'll do the rest,
And learn until our brains all rot.

I was going to put the Gryffindor's Anthem but it was way too long.
January 9th, 2010 at 05:42am