"A Sea Of Desperate Virgins!"

Hello, Reader. ^_^
Lmao, I see this title has drawn your attention. Well I'm glad your reading this. I always thought that it was a little weird to read journal entries like this. I don't know why, but I just treat these things like diaries. But since they're open to anybody who stumbles upon them. I've learned not to open up as much.
ANYWAYS!
Getting to the title. It's kind of a funny story. See we were all eating lunch at my school and my friend, Cora was getting on my nerves that day. (she does that) So I decided to sit with my guy friends. (Deshawn, Keane, Henry and Tyrone (see my pics for pictures of them)) Notice how they were all guys and I was the only girl at the table. So I sit down and they all just kind of look at me funny.
But Deshawn says to me "Hey, Khyleah, how's it goin?" Because he's like the nicest guy on the planet. So we all start talking and some how the subject turns to a condom commercial. And me being myself, come up with a bunch of dirty jokes. Lmao.
Then Keane says to me, "Okay, if your going to be the only girl at this table, then your going to have to stop saying perverted things like that. Because right now, your a girl, swimming in a sea of desperate virgins!"
Ouch right? It's funny, yes, but once you get past that, you start to see the hidden message in it. I actually hung out with them a lot and I understand how being with a girl could get tiring day after day. Guys need guy time and girls need girl time. I really tried not to take it personally but it was pretty hard. Because they're all like my big brothers. And a weird thing is that we all have a computer class together and my friend, Maddy, always says that we're all just like brothers and sisters. Not necessarily the way we look, but the way we all act and treat each other.
But back to the subject. I don't know how to sum it up exactly. But it was a low-blow for me. It felt like I had just been punched in the gut. I loved them all like brothers, but they apparently didn't think of me like that... I thought, they were over just seeing my appearance and excepted me as being a friend. Not just another girl that they couldn't have...
January 11th, 2010 at 04:16am