Ew, please don't tell me I have a cavity

I'm pretty worried I may have a cavity at the moment.

One side of my mouth doesn't hurt, but is a teensy bit uncomfortable. I don't know how to explain it.

I'm sort of petrified of the dentist. Despite the fact I have never once had a bad experience, from getting fillings previous to getting teeth pulled, it's never been that bad. Yet for some reason the anticipation is always painful and nerve wracking and I hate it.

I think I'm also terrified of the idea of root canal, even though I know a few people who have had it done and they all say it's fine. Still... it just sounds... icky. And I don't want it to happen to me.

Weirdly enough, I was never afraid of the orthodontist. Despite the fact he did awful things like put a thing in my mouth that made my bottom jaw come forward and that forced my jaw bone to grow so I no longer had an underbite... and gave me braces... those monthly tightenings were so painful. I find all pain unbearable, but there is something extra uncomfortable about mouth pain.

Probably the whole food part... yeah.

Though, I suppose I should get to the dentist sooner rather than later because I'm already missing two whole teeth in my mouth (the teeth pulling thing I mentioned? Yeah, I had to get baby molers taken out because there was no adult tooth underneath them so they would never be pushed out and would eventually just rot in my mouth. The orthodontist tried to close the gap with braces but it didn't work, now the metal that I mentioned is there so that the teeth around the gap don't cave into it) I don't want to be missing a third.

I have no idea why I wrote a journal about my teeth issues. I was just thinking about that just now as I was eating chocolate and only chewing on one side because I'm paranoid.
January 12th, 2010 at 11:48am