Updates: break, knitting, MIA girlfriends (well, not really, I'm just being dramatic)

Okay, so break was lovely and wonderful, and also gave me a new fandom, which I need like a hole in the head, but whatever. Leonardo and Ezio are so cuuute! And once you get the hang of ACII-style movement, it's actually sort of useful to be able to steer independent of the camera. G and I nearly went nuts being 500 miles apart for three weeks straight, though, and I'm told Diana Barry (the Goffin cockatoo) kept looking for me in the shower, and it was piteous. She's certainly taken to trying to weigh me down so I can't leave since I got back. XD

I'm switching schools to pursue an accounting degree, so I've been selling all my science textbooks since they're more or less useless to me now, and I have a little more time off than usual since my new school starts almost two weeks later than UCD.

I got a KnitPicks giftcard for Christmas, so I now have a bag of 100 stitchmarkers, a flexible non-stretch fiberglass tape measure, needle coil wraps (to keep dpn sets together when you're not using them), and a row counter, plus some gorgeous high-grade merino yarn for my brother's Half-Life mitts. I also ordered a birthday present for G with it -- a pattern book she'd been lusting after, because she clearly has too much yarn. *g*

I've officially completed five projects of my own, and my Ravelry queue currently has 11 more... given my current project-completing rate, that should keep me busy for the next five months or so. My yarn stash is quite manageable -- it all fits in the basket I got from the farmer's market last year. I'm very proud of this. I've seen yarn stashes that take over apartments. XD

A friend of G's crocheted matching pride scarves for us, and I've been wearing mine everywhere. She did a really great job picking the green, blue and purple -- I find the usual choices too bright for my taste, but she picked really deep and rich ones. Also, she crocheted it sideways, stripe by stripe, and it must be like eight feet long. Seriously impressive.

G's been visiting her grandparents in the city for the past two days, and I think she's supposed to be back sometime today, but I haven't been able to get ahold of her. I'm guessing she's lost her phone, but am waiting to hear from her in case her grandparents react to my contacting her the way my nanny reacted to her contacting me over break. I never know whether I'm nervous for a good reason when I don't hear from her when I'm expecting to, which means I alternate between slapping myself for being a needy, self-centered insecure little moron and trying to figure out if I did something to piss her or her family off. All I can really do is try to keep busy, I guess.
January 14th, 2010 at 05:55am