oh, the sounds!

Image
FAVORITES

Cold Desert by Kings of Leon
Jesus don't love me. No one ever carried my load. I'm too young to feel this old!

This song is probably my FAVORITE song of all time. Caleb Followill recorded it when he was drunk and most of it was free verse. The heartbreak and truth in his voice makes me relate and ache for him.

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now by The Smiths
Two lovers intertwined passed me by and Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Oh, gosh. I love this song. It's so sad and really captures that miserable ache that fills your bones sometimes.

Glendora by Rilo Kiley
I cry, cry, cry, then I complain. Come back for more, do it again.

This song makes me laugh. It's so true. Like that hopeless feeling you get when a boy treats you like crap but you find yourself still sticking around.

Joyride by The Killers
Wrapped her arms around me, come a little closer. Stumble into twilight!

This song is just good. It's a little sleazy with the sax, but when I'm feeling down, I listen to it. It's a fun song. The Killers are truly an amazing band.

Lua by Bright Eyes
And I know you have a heavy heart, I can feel it when we kiss. So many men stronger than me have thrown their backs out trying to lift it.

This song is sweet and strong. I love it too much for words.

Geraldine by Glasvegas
When your sparkle evades your soul, I'll be at your side to console.

This one's just about a social worker named Geraldine. I love the lyrics and the guitar and all of the ooh and ahhs. It's perfect. Plus the lead singer has a cool accent.

Degausser by Brand New
Take me, take me back to your bed. I said I love you so much that it hurts my head.

This song is so loud and quiet at the same time. It breaks my heart in two sometimes.

King of the Rodeo by Kings of Leon
Screaming like a battle cry, "It's more if I stay!"

This song is just so cool to dance to and just plain awesome.

That's What Counts by We Are Scientists
If I'm not waking up with you, why bother waking up at all?

This song is lovely. But it's this close to sounding like elevator music but the way the band executes it makes it sound beautiful. The sax and guitars and Keith Murray's voice make me swoon.

Yr Mangled Heart by the Gossip
I've had enough! You build me up to let me down!

Can I just say that Beth Ditto's voice in this blows your brains out about three minutes in?
January 15th, 2010 at 04:32am