Interests

Today was another normal day, I think.

Since I've learned how to play chess the past three weeks, I've been beating my classmate in straight rows... or maybe it's just because she's letting me win? I think that's impossible. She's not the type to let herself lose over some newbie. If she'd lose, her opponent would've probably be someone skilled.

So yeah, I'm really getting into this game more and more. I find it somehow addicting in a way. It's so exciting whenever I get to check the king of my opponent's and he'd have to move the king away or move a piece to block the threat. But of course, I quickly figure out a way to check the king back unless of course, if there's no easy way to check it again, it'd give me a hard time.

I've been playing the game constantly for three hours straight in my mac and actually selected an option where the computer's a genius. Guess what? I suck. Well, I guess I checkmated it once but it didn't happen again. Stupid computer won't let me win again. But I'll go by the saying, try and try until you succeed... again.

Anyone got any skills for chess? I thought maybe, someone could give me strategies/techniques/best moves/tips?

There's also this game that I liked very much as well. It's called Game of the Generals (or in Filipino, known as Salpakan). It's like chess, only a little bit more different. I suggest it to others who haven't tried it yet. But if you're living in another country, I don't have a clue of how you're going to get it or if it's even available worldwide.

So that's it. Bye. I'm still going to watch a replay of American Idol.

"Looking like a fool with your pants on the ground!"
Love that song so much.
January 15th, 2010 at 02:13pm