Marvel VS DC

A conversation that seems to be ongoing through my mind. I just have to get it out and put finish this argument once and for all.

It all began when I was looking up some of my favourite actors on the internet and their upcoming films. One of them being Ryan Reynolds. And what I found shocked and slightly angered me. He was going to be Green Latern in his debut film AND Deadpool in his debut film.

The problem? Green Latern is a DC. Deadpool is a Marvel. It isn't right for an actor to be on both team, it's just not right!

And so this is where I show the conversation going through my head between all sides. Side one will be named Erica, side two is Marley and side three will be called Snuffles, just for the hell of it.

Erica: Fuck!

Marley: What?

Erica: Ryan Reynolds is going to be in Green Latern!

Marley:..... So?

Erica: And in Deadpool!

Marley: And this is a problem because....?

Erica: Because Green Latern is a DC! And Deadpool is a MARVEL!

Marley: LE GASP! That's, that can't be possible! He can not be owned by Marvel and DC! It just isn't right!

Erica: Now you see what the problem is?

Marley: Indeed. Well, he should just give up the Marvel thing

Erica:..... Excuse me?

Marley: Well DC is obviously better then Marvel

Erica: *Scoffs* Bullshit!

Marley: Excuse me?

Erica: Marvel have many better and cooler heroes then DC!

Marley: Psh, please! Like who?

Erica: Well, we have X-Men

Marley: Oh a group of violent mutants who try to get world piece by sabotaging anyone in their way and making crappy sequel after sequel? No thanks.

Erica: Well, what do you got?

Marley: Easy, we have Batman

Erica: Oh okay! So you have one actual good super hero, yuppie!

Marley: No, that's not true! We have..... Superman

Erica: Oh that man of steel? The guy who can never die and has every power you can think of? The man with no flaws or no weaknesses? Yeah, that's really interesting. We get! He's invincible, shut up about it already.

Marley: And you can do better?

Erica: Actually, we have. Ironman

Marley: Oh what? The Batman copycat? Yeah that's original

Erica: Why you little-

Snuffles: Hey hey! Some of us, are trying to get stuff done. Whats with all the yakking!

Marley: Erica is convinced Marvel is better then DC

Erica: BECAUSE IT IS!

Snuffles: Calm down! Their both pretty much the same damn thing!

Marley: Huh?

Erica: What?

Snuffles: Well if you two idiots stopped fighting and actually thought about it, then you would notice how
Marvel and DC are very similar. Marvel has the Avengers, DC has The Justice league. Marvel has Ironman, DC has Batman. You get my drift

Erica: So.... They're rip offs.... Of eachother?

Snuffles: Well not exactly....

Marley: So everyone is screwed in this situation

Snuffles: I didn't say that....

Erica: We should go burn them

Snuffles: WHAT? No! What Im saying is that even though Marvel and DC have always been rivals, they both hold good actors, comics, heros and such.

*Erica and Marley agree, nodding*

Snuffles: Although.... Dark Horse beats all

Erica: Oh Hell no!

Marley: Thats a load of bull!

And thus, the argument keeps going on through my head, and probably won't stop until they all pass out from either beating eachother, yelling, or drinking.

So this is my question to anyone who reads this, if anyone is a comic nerd like myself. Which is better? Marvel or DC? Or are you on Snuffles side and think their both pretty awesome?
January 21st, 2010 at 07:56am