Spiderman Reboot?

When I heard of this unspeakable crime, all I thought was: What?

Yes, the third Spiderman was a disaster. Utter disaster. But a whole trilogy reboot? The films aren't even a decade old yet! I can see where they are coming from, but give the fans some time to think. They are still trying to get rid of the thoughts of Spiderman 3!

Now I myself aren't a big fan of Spiderman, he's like the little pubescent hero teenager trying to fill the roles of the much bigger and greater heroes. Oh wait.... That is what he is. I'm sure once he grows some balls he'll get better (No offence to anyone out there who loves him) But I don't hate Spiderman, his first two movies were very entertaining. Notice how I say first two.

So lets get the facts straight, shall we? Why they shouldn't do it. First, Marvel is now owned by Disney. Disney classics are always interesting, some of their movies are very action packed AKA Pirates of the Caribbeans. So I didn't think much of it. Until I heard the news who was in the leading roll of Peter Parker

Robert fucking Patterson AKA Edward fucking Cullen

No, just no. The worst thing Marvel can do is make Spiderman into a teeny bopper movie.

Another way they can ruin it is by turning it into something exactly like The Dark Knight. Since The Dark Knight was a very successful comic book movie. Which could only end in a fail.

Then theres the fact that the origin story has already been told and no one wants to sit through a remake of it when the original was only presented a few years ago. All I can tell you, fans won't mind it, but deeply, they are hurt.

Thoughts?
January 21st, 2010 at 08:32am