No, you're not on a reality show 'for your kids'

I've been watching the American Idol auditions and I have to honestly ask... do producers ask people to spiel this bull??

I think Top Model is actually the worst for this statement but still...

I mean, having kids, isn't really a sob story. And telling me you're abandoning them to go on a TV show isn't going to make me have sympathy for you.

Seriously... you are not there for your kids. Stop trying to fool yourself. Recording artists, etc take years to make any real money and selling half a million copies of one album really isn't going to do it. Why are these people so hell bent on 'making a better life' for their kids and see fame as the only way to do it?

If your life really was about your kids it wouldn't matter what it was you were doing to pay the bills and put food on the table, the point is, you would be doing it. And you don't need to go on television to do it.

I roll my eyes now, every time I hear 'I'm doing this for my kids, so I can make a better life for us.' Are these people so oblivious that they don't see the way the media can destroy lives? A life with media attention is not a better life. A life where you're constantly going on tour, etc is not a better life. A life with love and care is a better life and that doesn't suddenly happen on a reality show. I wouldn't be impressed if my parents had gone on a reality show, chasing their dream, to make my life better.

Face the facts you're there for yourself. It's your dream, not your kids. All your kids can really comprehend is that Mummy/Daddy isn't there. Don't try and fool yourself you're doing it for them. It's a complete stab in the dark, you have better odds applying for a job at your local supermarket.

It just annoys me... wake up people, seriously.
January 21st, 2010 at 09:30pm