Respect to the Rev...

But really?

You spent the whole day crying and depressed and suicidal, over someone dying who you don't even know?

I will never understand that.

Yeah, I respect him as a drummer and condolences to the family and friends and whatnot, but come on.

Also, just because he passed away doesn't mean I'm going to suddenly regard him as the best drummer alive, because he's not.
Sure, he was pretty badass, but not freakishly unbelievably amazing or anything, and just because he's gone doesn't mean I'm not still going to respectfully disagree if someone tries to force me to believe that he's the best drummer ever.

And for anyone that's going to complain about this, no I'm not an Avenged Sevenfold fan, in fact I can't stand the band, but I can respect a good musician when I hear one, and just cause I hate the band doesn't mean I'm gonna be a dick about their loss.

So many people are just completely disrespectful about it.
There's a big difference between giving your opinion when asked, and just blatantly disregarding a life and the emotions surrounding it.

But back to the original point.
Sure everyone's sad about losing the Rev, but come on.
You didn't know him, and no matter how "big of an influence" he was or whatever, there's no reason to threaten to kill yourself because he died.
Why not just keep his legacy going by staying alive and supporting everyone feeling the loss?

Anyways, I'm confusing myself a little so I'll shush now. :D
January 21st, 2010 at 10:10pm