(21)

I skipped a lot of days-intentionally and unintentionally. Here's the last 13 days in brief. School. Read. Sleep. Repeat.
There.

Well, today--the 21st--I learned that a comma is used to separate two clauses--two sentences with the same idea with two subjects and two verbs. I also learned that a colon is used for many other things other than the following list: school, read, sleep, repeat. A semicolon is like some hybrid future child with all the mighty powers of both its parents. Just kidding. A semicolon is for usage like a comma, but without the "but" part. There's other cases a semicolon can be used; it's a very important part of grammar. I hope my last sentence was correct. What if Mr. Comma and Mrs. Colon had a divorce, disowned their child, Semicolon Jr., and moved off to another land where the only people who mingled with them were periods and hyphens? Would the semicolon hide in sadness and rarely come out and play? Would people forget about it--just like they forgot about graph grammar? I bet my mom has never heard of graph grammar.
I know one thing. I hate grammar so much but you have to deal with it or else everything looks awful like a run-on sentence. Like the sentence before.
I gave a speech about whether it was better to buy a computer or build your own using parts you find online. My conclusion was that a lot of the items that go into a normal Studio XPS 8000 wouldn't even have the kind of power supply it would take to start the computer of my dreams. My kind of computer: Two 1TB 7200 RPM SATA hard drives (who uses IDE these days?), at least 8GB memory, a nicer-than-i7-920 processor, Windows 7 Professional (64 bit), X-Fi titanium soundcard, some ATI Radeon videocard, a cooling system, some more extra parts, and a huge, whopping, 1200W power supply.
Tomorrow's Friday. I'm getting my loft. It's silver. I'm thinking of transferring schools. My grammar is always really bad.
January 22nd, 2010 at 04:49am