I Have A Bad Habit

I've had about.. 3 or 4 stories on this site and I deleted them all after the second chapter! Go me!

It was honestly because they sucked. Like crazy. Crazy, crazy, crazy.

So, on the rare occasions that I write stories, I would compare them with my journal entries.

And you know what?!

My journal entries are a bazillion times better! (And they aren't even that good!)

With my stories, it's a dumb cliche, it's slow, it's stupid, it's unrealistic. All of that.

But my journals seem to flow well. At least to me it does. There's nothing special on them.. But if I were a stranger, I wouldn't think so badly of my journals. Except for the "Aw, Mom" one. That one was pretty annoying.

Well, that's besides the point. Sort of.

Today, I was wondering why my journals were better than my stories.

Then it hit me!!!

My journal is like something I just pour my mind into. If something drastic were to happen to me, I could use those feelings and create these little entries. I write from my heart? Soul? Something like that.

Now I'm not trying to say that my entries on here are deep and meaningful, because they're not. But, you know, it's just.. It's me! I can write whatever I want in these, unlike in stories where I can't make it too outrageous or too sudden or too whatever.

So what next?

Well, I think I need to learn how to put my, uh, feelings into my stories. Then maybe I'll be satisfied one day. But for now, I'll just read other stories admiringly and be envious of the talent on here.

HAHA

By the way!

Any of you people read my last journal entry? It was from forever ago, but whatever.

For those of you who didn't, it's basically about me liking a guy and how my mom said she would kill me if I got a boyfriend in high school.

Well I still like him!

And my friends are trying to help me talk to him. That's right! I haven't even talked to him yet!

One of my friends just randomly said, "Hey, how come you don't talk?"

And he's like "Because I don't want to." With a cute little smile on his face.

But the rest of my friends were probably thinking, "What the..... Seriously?!"

They support me anyway! Yay for friends!
January 23rd, 2010 at 08:56am