Should I trust him when I've never trusted before?

Please at least skim read and give me some advice to my question at the end. Thank you and I greatly appreciate those who take the time to read this crap and comment.

I have been dating Tomi for three months. He’s really sweet, caring, mature, and fun to be around. We started our relationship like complete opposites, but as time went on we learned that we have a lot in common. We have overcome some obstacles and of course there are still are and more to come.

Tomi used to be a partying, weed smoking, slut before he changed to be with me. He made the decision to change before I even knew he liked me and before I even really knew who the hell he was, even though we were friends for a little while before. Anyway, Tomi no smokes, goes to hard core parties, and of course no longer sleeps around. Since Tomi made this decision to change he hasn’t had sex in about four months after fucking like a rabbit since he was 12 and he’s now 18, and he plans to wait till we’re married to have sex.

Tomi has a past that involves things and many people that has nothing to do with me, and unfortunately I’m going to have to deal with that past when it starts trying to come back to his present (like his ex’s). Sadly, that’s already starting to happen.

Today at gym, some girl confronted Tomi saying how he owes her and her friends $20. Tomi used to fool around with those girls until they started asking for money. I guess that girl just wanted a reason to see me up close and bother Tomi. She tried to call Tomi out by saying that he was putting up an act because “his little girlfriend is here”. I was annoyed by this girl’s rudeness and decided to leave before I fell into her plan of instigating a problem with me.

This issue, of course, just has to happen only a few days after me and Tomi finish settling a fight. Since I have trust issues, I decided to break down a wall and let him read a few pages of my journal. This was my way of showing Tomi that I trust him and that I’m starting to open up to him. Anyway, the day I do this, is the same day he tells me that his former hook-up ex, Josh, kissed him. This, he tells me, happened a few days after we started going out and he now tells me; three months later!

I was hurt and angry with him, but after a day of that Tomi and I talked things out. We agreed that if something like that ever happened again we would tell the other as soon as possible. I remember how sad and pissed off (at himself) Tomi looked. He was worried that I would break-up with him or that my feelings would change for him. Little does he know that even when I was pissed at him all I wanted was for him to hold me.

The icing on the cake would have to be that Tomi’s father doesn’t want us to be together. His father is ignorant. He believes that Tomi should be dating a Portuguese girl rather than a Puerto Rican. I love how he judges who Tomi is dating when he himself is dating Tomi’s mother who is white, not Portuguese like himself, but white. Than Tomi’s father is saying how Tomi is too old for me. I’m 15 and my birthday is a month away and in my state, when I turn 16 I am age of sexual consent. In other words, me and Tomi can legally date and no can call the cops on us.

Every relationship has obstacles they have to deal with and Tomi and I are no exception. So I’ve been dating Tomi for three months and we’ve already dealt with different problems and situations, but those three months have flown by and I can’t wait for the next three.

My only question now is: Is it too soon to be in love or am I only beginning to fall in love?
January 26th, 2010 at 05:46am