My Eight-Year-Old Sister Wrote This.

My mom was looking through my little sister's Take Home folder today after school, and she called me into the kitchen to show me something. It was a little story that my sister, Mya, had written. I read through it, and oh, my God. It was amazing. I don't understand how the kid can write that good when she's only in third grade. I'll post the story in bold below.

Candyce
By Mya Ringler

It was the first day at my new school. I wasn't excited. But I had to go to school. When I got there a girl walked up to me. She said, "Hello!" I said "hi" really quietly. She started asking me a bunch of questions like what was my school before this. But she wasn't just a normal person talking to me. She talked so fast; and she didn't let me have to time to even answer the question.

When I got home from school I thought it was in the middle of the best and worst day ever. But it was kind of leaning more toward the worst day ever. I told my mom, but she said it was going to be fine.

The next day, I was just walking and that girl just randomly popped up out of nowhere and started to ask me the same question-where I lived before. I said, "Arizona". "Wow, that's kind of far away from here." I think she was trying to act popular. Then I walked away. That girl followed me.

After school, my mom told me that someone was here. It was that girl. She was here to see if I could play something with her. I said, "I don't want to play." And so that girl walked away. I was glad.


Isn't that amazing?! I don't think I could write that well when I was in third grade. I love it. Mya's so adorable, and I like how different this story was from the others she's written. Normally her stories are funny. This one had a real-life sorta tone to it. I also really like how she had the line, I think she was trying to act popular, in there. She's such a little nerd, like me. Hatin' on the kids who listen to rap, and lovin' on the ones who listen to rock.

Ahh. Anywho, tell me what you think? I'll relay your comment to her. :)
January 29th, 2010 at 12:21am