Drummer Of SKSK Likes To Rap To Miley Cyrus,

About an hour or so ago I got home from the Dance Gavin Dance concert, it was amazing. The band that was playing when we first got there sucked. They were trying to get everyone pumped up, and they were failing miserably. No one was jumping or cheering, poor guys.

Then, Dance Gavin Dance was supposed to come on, but another band popped up out of nowhere, for a moment I thought it was Shiny Toy Guns. The chick was ::yah: worthy, her voice was very sensual. I think the band was called Some People. Something like that. Look 'em up.

Finally, DGD time, right? Wrong, again. Instead, the drummer of Scary Kids Scaring Kids came out and said that this was probably going to be the last time his band played in St. Pete. Cue sad horns. Then, he says he's gonna perform for us.

The lights dim, and the only thing anyone can hear is Party In The USA. He starts rapping to it, and believe it or not, he's fan fricking tastic. It got everyone up and pumping, he was pointing at the crowd and yelling, "You, you, and you! Let's party! Beer's good!"

He did a couple songs actually. One of them was called Don't Get a Girlfriend Till You're Making Millions, or something along the lines of that.

And at last! I see Will Swan walk onto the stage and start setting up, I was doing all that I could not to scream like a little girl. Kurt was the last to get on stage, and damn did he look amazing. This deserves two ::yah:'s.

It was crazy, everyone loved them. But a bunch of stupid kids kept jumping on stage, knocking stuff over, then into the crowd. Kurt was pissed, you could see it on his face. In the middle of one of the songs he sang/screamed, "STOP EFFING STAGE DIVING!"

The pit was insane, some kid walked out with a bloody eye, my brother's friend got kicked out for punching someone (he was insanely drunk, I might add) and some girl had to get carried out. I think she broke something, poor girl.

We stuck around to see a couple of songs from Scary Kids Scaring Kids, and we walked out. I said something and looked up, and there was Tim Feerick and Zac Garren staring straight at me. . . Okay, so it was more of a glance, but still! And me, being me, was too much of a pus to ask for a picture. (I have manners in my defense. They were talking in a group and I didn't want to interrupt.)

Best moment of the night, when they played Strawberry Swisher pt 2. I almost died. My God, it was amazing.

No pictures though, sadly. But I've got a pretty good memory (until a bowl is passed my way) so it shall serve me well.
January 30th, 2010 at 08:11am