[rant] The 10 Types of People You Meet Online [/rant]

Well, at the word of a friend, I opted to join a website. There are plenty of roleplaying forums, and I elected to join a few. However, there have been a few trends I have noticed, and some of which are really beginning to get under my skin.

1. The Horny Stalker:
This is the guy who follows you around, bothers you with inbox messages, and tries to get you to IM with him. He's hot, he knows it. All for one purpose: cybersex.

2. The "Romantic" Stalker:
Quite similar to the other form of stalker, except he insists on sending meaningless and stupidly sappy fluff in your direction. Does he listen to you though? No.

3. The Lazy Writer
Introducing the one who never seems to type correctly, no matter what you say. They break rules left and right, destroying English. Even if it isn't their first language, they don't even bother trying to improve.

4. The Bratty Tweenie
Usually a teenage girl, who always has something to complain about. They like to fashion themselves as a poor, unfortunate soul, because their daddy didn't let them get their third laptop.

5. The Slut
I'm not just talking about how this one has sex in the threads, I'm talking about how they have sex in EVERY thread. This is the one who pushes their way into everything at once, and doesn't respect the fact that other people would like to use the site.

6. The Mysterious One
Here you have the person who signs up for the forum, but never posts once. No one knows who they are or what they are even doing here.

7. The Pimp
This guy hits on anything that moves. Everyone practically falls at his feet. They're good to get along with, but keep in mind that if someone who wants to flirt comes along, you will be ditched like a hot potato.

8. The Tryhard
Yep, this is the person who is constantly trying to assert themselves as being "emo" or "goth". They make references every 2 seconds to how "emo" or "goth" they are, and how "emo" or "goth" their taste in music/fasion is.

9. The Computer Addict
This classification is fairly harmless, unless they also classify as something else. These people are constantly online. Every time you go onto the website, they are there. It's like they never leave.

10. The Nice Person
A very rare specimen, but they do exist.

Ok, rant over~

Love,
Alexandra<3
January 31st, 2010 at 08:34am