Catch Up, 2009, Ketchup [Homo Homophone, you heard of it?]

I'm not going to start this journal with 'It's been a while since I've written one of these,' even though it has, 'so I figured I'd let you all know what I've been up to as of late,' even though I am; I'm just going to jump right in.

2009 was a crazy year for me with tons of ups and downs. Let me break it down by months, yeah?

January, I was in love with this boy named Josh. I got very little sleep back then because I would be waiting by the computer for a message, or waiting by the phone for him to call. He was practically all I thought about. Towards the end of January, him and I - with the help of my mother - started planning for him to come and visit me in February since both of our birthdays were in that month, only four days apart. My mother agreed that she would pay for the flight and the cabin for us to stay in out of her half of the income tax refund money.

February, the month seemed to drag and drag, and February 26th - my birthday and the day my beloved boyfriend came to see me - could not come fast enough. I took that day off school saying I was sick, although one of my teachers already knew what was going on; she was okay with it though. That's what you get when you have a twenty-three year old woman for a teacher. She was my favorite. Anyway, my mother and I woke up early in the morning to go fix up the cabin, then drove an hour to the airport where he was already waiting. It was an awkward meet-up, but we got accustomed to each other quickly enough. Our shit car died, but we managed to get it up and going. Embarrassing, I know. When we got to the cabin, it was very cold. We only had a small space heater to keep warm, although it didn't do much good. We spent three days together, and then he had to leave. Fast forward to three days later. He ended it over cam-chat. All I could think for the longest time was how it felt to literally watch a heart break before your very eyes. Naturally, I was devastated. I mean, I thought I was going to spend my life with this guy. I wanted to have his children, and I don't even want kids. That's how deep I was in.

March, I saw my favorite author - John Green - speak for the Second Story foundation and went to the art museum in Indianapolis.

April, I served on state representative John Bradly's Youth Advisory Council, took a tour of the capitol building in Springfield, Illinois, and watched the House of Representatives in session. The council also met and spoke with a lobbyist for one of the representatives toward scripting and passing a bill having to do with hospital health codes and closing procedures.

May, we had an "inland hurricane" with winds reaching 109mph. There was a lot of damage and the whole of Southern Illinois was without power for at least a week: some places going as long as two weeks without. I watched Star Trek a bunch of times, and also saw Terminator Salvation with my brother and his now-ex girlfriend. Went with my senior class to Holiday World in Santa Clause, Indiana.

June, I went to my first reptile show and pride parade.

July, I saw Counting Crows play under the St. Louis arch for free with my brother the day before Independence Day and watched fireworks. I saw Transformers 2 and Bruno in theaters and loved them. My friend Jasmin and I went to Dublin and London for vacation.

August, I had a water gun fight at my grandparents house with my two little cousins. Went to Ft. Walton/Destin Florida with my friend Cat and brother. Saw Green Day in concert. Went to my second reptile show. Saw The Time Traveler's Wife after reading it. Started going to a local community college, majoring in Sociology.

September, had a cookout at my brother's with my mom. Saw 9 in theaters. Went to my first strip club.

October, saw Brand New in concert with my brother. Went to a performance of "Glory Box" by Tim Miller. Saw Zombieland in theaters. Went to my third reptile show. Celebrated Halloween with my friends by drinking and seeing The Rocky Horror Picture Show at midnight.

November, went to a tiger sanctuary where I stood two feet away from a nine foot tall, seven hundred pound Bengal. Dropped all of my classes at the community college. Got into my first car wreck. Went to the midnight release of New Moon. Took my first job with the Salvation Army for which I worked one time for two hours and quit. Went out on my first Black Friday shopping day with a friend.

December, saw Brothers in theaters. Went through a two day power-outage with my brother in his freezing house. Went to the midnight release of Avatar in 3D. Saw my first IMax movie: Avatar 3D. Comforted a friend because her mom passed away.

At some point during the year, The Coven was created and I fell hard for a lovely girl named Jess, but then at another point, we decided it wasn't going to work out.

Now, catching up to this year.

I haven't done much this year so far. I filled out and submitted an application for Southern Illinois University, at which I plan on majoring in Zoology. My hope is that I'll get my Bachelor's Degree of Science at this university, then transfer to a university along the coast to take a masters program, specifying in Marine Biology. I still want to work with orca, but not at Sea World after watching The Cove.

This year, I'm waiting for my parents to receive their income tax refund money so that we can get a new used car since our car recently broke down, and I have no way of getting anywhere, including a job. So as of right now, I feel kind of stuck.

And the other day, it sucked when I realized that I haven't kissed anyone in almost a year. I just feel so alone most of the time, but I'm coping. I don't mind being alone really, but I'd rather be in a relationship. Which brings me to my next subject. I'm a lesbian. Yeah, long story. I'll go into it later.

Lastly, I've been suffering from some intense indigestion, which I've come to the conclusion is caused by my lifetime love for ketchup.
January 31st, 2010 at 10:30pm