A Waste of My Time? [The People You Love the Most, but Lose Most Often]

I don't even know where to start. I've just be having a lot of problems with my friendships lately. I feel like I've been betrayed, but I don't think that's the case, but I suppose I should tell you the whole story first, huh?

Well, I have a best friend, let's call her Amber. We (or rather I) have an arch enemy, let's call her Betty. Betty, Amber, and I all share a good friend, we'll call her Rainie. She invited the three of us, and one of Betty's minions, Marissa, whom I also despise, to her birthday party. Now, perhaps it was a mistake for me to attend the party in the first place, but what's done is done, so I'll just go on with the story. So, the party started out fine. Amber and I arrived together late because we had to work that day, and everyone else was already there. We played games, got majorly sugar high, and all that good stuff. Everything was fine until Marissa starting getting all over emotional and went to hang out in Rainie's bedroom, claiming she was tired. After she was in there for awhile, Betty went in to see what was wrong, even though she knew that Marissa was just being stupid, and Amber followed. Now, Amber claims to hate Marissa, but for three whole hours she was in there talking with both Betty and Marissa.

This pretty much infuriated me, because not only had Betty been a major jerk to me for most of the night, her and Marissa have some really nasty history with me. I've always told Amber to stay away from them because they were evil and bad, but for some reason, she feels the dire need to hang around them. I don't really care if she has more friends then me, but to really ignore me for three hours to hang out with our enemies? I just don't get it. I was already really starting to worry about our friendship, but after this, what can I do? Am I being over emotional? I just feel like I'm not good enough for her anymore. I feel like I should just give up on her. I feel like she's never going to appreciate me, but without her, I have nothing. Is it too easy to just give up like that? I've tried talking to her about it, but she can't seem to take me seriously. She thinks that everything is so perfect, she's completely oblivious to my feelings. I don't know, maybe I caught her at the wrong time. Help me please?
February 1st, 2010 at 04:05pm