Updates

Oh wow, a lot has happened in a week. Let's see if I can remember everything...

I added a word counter to my About Me, so you can see how much I've written without actually reading it all. It's supposed to mimic NaNoWriMo in a sense, which was a total flop for me. So now's my chance to redeem myself! Or not. I can be real lazy. Which also reminds me that I made a poem in my spare time. It's kind of depressing, but whatever, sometimes I need a little change.

That brings me to my next point: A new chapter for EoO (which from now on is the shortened version of "Elves of O'tenka"). I wanted to have it done by today, but Tara is being fussy and I'm having a hard time putting her into a suitable starting scene that doesn't bore readers to death. I think I may have something up by Wednesday, but I originally intended for there to be three scenes per chapter (one for each main character) so, it could end up having to wait until next week.

Also, I'm playing around with the introduction/synopsis/summary page thing for EoO, so it's going to change a lot. I'm trying to find one that works, and so far I haven't had much luck. I liked the first I had up better than the one that's there now, but I was too lazy to change it back, and had other writing to do, so...yeah, the ugly one is still up there.

I guess that's all for this week. I can't think of anything else...

Oh, except I've been swarmed by a million plot ideas this past week. Ever had that happen to you? I have a whole queue now. I'm resisting the urge to deviate from EoO, because I'm almost positive that if I stop now, EoO will never see the light of day again. And that scares me. I've never actually finished a story, here or otherwise, so I really need to stay focused on this. How am I supposed to start a writing career otherwise?...

Anyway,

Until next week!

Barry aka Nolan
February 2nd, 2010 at 03:30am