Avoiding Guys You Thought You Liked But Then You Didn't Like So Much.

Ok, so I don't know about all of you people, but I tend to do this. A LOT!!! I'll get to be friends with this boy, and he'll start to like me and I LOVE the idea of someone liking me. So of course, I'll get close to him and he'll start to think I like him too. Which I guess is sort of true, but not really. So he'll ask me out and I'll just freeze. Sometimes I say yes and sometimes I say no. If I say yes, I usually tend to break up with them the day after, or sometimes minutes after. And then comes the hard part because no matter what, they still like me, and they want to be friends, which I guess is OK, but truthfully for me I get really uncomfortable around guys once i know that they like me and I don't like them. So I avoid them.

That sounds easy enough, but when you realize you don't like a boy before you ask them out and you've told their best friend that you like them even though you don't, that's when things start to get complicated. Because then the poor boy is all confused because you are avoiding him for no apparent reason. And his best friend is all like "God, why are you avoiding him? You're being a complete jerk!" And then, of course you feel bad, but you can't just hang out with him again because then he'll think you like him again, when you actually don't.

That's the situaltion I'm in right now and it doesn't help any that the guy is my best friend's ex-boyfriend and that all my other friends are friends with him and that he sits at my lunch table for goodness sakes!! And most of my friends don't know that I'm avoiding him, let alone why, and the ones that do think I'm a stupid jerk, which I guess I am, but I'm too much of a coward to tell him that I don't like him and I'm afraid he'll yell at me about how I lead him on and crap, which I did, but I don't want to be yelled at.

So does anyone have any advice on this? I'd appreciate it!!

-AlyssaXD
February 2nd, 2010 at 04:58am