School Projects can lead to Self-Epiphanies.

So, I'm stuck doing an essay on a controversial issue for my english class. And what better controversy than Gay Marriage, right? Well, when I was doing research, I found a nice little website that told me practically every shitty reason as to why gay marriage should not be allowed. See here. After reading this, I'm sure you'll find that there is almost NO reason for someone to oppose gay marriage other than they think that it's 'disgusting' and a 'perversion of nature' and 'unbiblical'. So, then, why do atheists oppose gay marriage? Well, it can't be because of the unbiblicality of it. It's because these atheists are stupid. And, jsut for you all, I'm going to summarize, show, and refute the first three reasons on the website I've given you.

Argument One
The implications fot children in a world of decaying families are profound. Gays can't raise children.

Refutation
That's irrelevant, good sir. Your article is about gay marriage, not gay adoption. So, yeah. there goes your first reason.

Argument Two
The introduction of legalized gay marriages will inexorably lead to polygamy and other alternatives to one-man, one-woman unions.

Refutation
Don't you understand threesomes? Or swinging? Or, oh, I don't know, love?

Argument Three
An even greater objective of the homosexual movement is to end the state's compelling interest in marital relationships altogether.

Refutation
All that these people want to do is get married! Everyone deserves it! It's not like they're plotting a conspiracy against the human race as a whole!

And, just to conclude, I hope you're as disappointed in the human race as I am. 70% of americans oppose gay marriage. 80% of those americans are republicans. 49% of europeans oppose gay marriage. (And I couldn't find the statistics for Asia. Maybe you have them? :D)
February 4th, 2010 at 08:49pm