To the Believers

So, I guess anybody who this is talking to has heard already about Fall Out Boy's indefinite break and Wentz's pretty much quitting. I was pretty hurt to find out. It felt like Panic(!) all over again. I didn't understand, and probably still don't. But I've accepted it. As much as I may like to, there's nothing i can do about it. They've grown in different directions.

I've seen a lot of hate toward Pete for leaving. I don't understand why. He has a family; he wants to spend time with them. Wouldn't you? Even weird babies with names like Bronx need a father figure, and he's trying to be that. He's grown apart from Fall Out Boy. Its been going so long, I bet they all have.

About the band in general, what can I say? They've given so much - the last seven or so years of their life - but we can only ask for more. That's how the entertainment industry works now. Why can't we be happy with the albums we already own and love, and look forward to what they do outside the band in the future?

Believers never die. Even when what they believe in is having problems, we are the backbone to keep them going, or at least remembered. So, to mix band slogans, keep the faith. You never know what the future may bring.
February 5th, 2010 at 09:20pm