The anatomy of the SYHM vampires [If you don't know what the heck I'm talking about, most likely you don't have to read this]

The anatomy of the SYHM vampires

The vampires in SYHM don't exactly agree with all of the regular urban legends, and sometimes it's even difficult for me to figure out a logical way to explain all this in the story, so I thought it would be a good idea for me to make a place where you can understand all about the vampires you know and love and also so I can have a place to keep all my thoughts in order.

When a human is bitten, different things can occur depending on the person and vampire. When a vampire bites venom is injected as he sucks the blood. This is the venom that can either turn you or kill you. If enough blood is drained there will be too much venom for the person to turn and instead will die. This is only if you're lucky, unless a vampire is extremely hungry, he will only take a few pints, and most keep himself pretty well fed. More likely than not, you'll become a member of the undead.

The bite is very unpleasant. It's painful, but it's also draining, as most vampires drain blood at 3 ounces per minute. But what is even more unpleasant is the change from human to vampire.

The change takes a few days to be fully complete. Most faint after being drained and they usually wake up from flu symptoms. Very high fevers and constant vomiting occur the first day, as the body tries to get rid of the virus. Most start dry heaving from lack of food. After about a forty-eight hour period the body gives up and starts to shut down and it's at this time that venom really does its work. While the body was trying to get rid of the venom its crawling through the system so it can get to the heart. When it reaches your heart, it sort of "freezes" the body. All of the functions the body used to have no longer work, and in a sense are dead, but they don't decay like it usually would. Instead the poison preserves the blood and organs, but at the same time it keeps them from working. Some of the functions do work, like the tears ducts and muscles because those are voluntary, and the lungs can work as well as long as the person thinks about breathing, but the involuntary muscles like the heart are basically dead.

Now after this, the venom works it’s way throughout the entire body as the person continues to vomit and faint periodically. It creates a cavity in the depths of the chin where it produces more venom to be injected when the person feeds. It changes your taste buds and sharpens the two front canines while drilling holes in the point to the rest of the blood stream. It elongates the limbs and kills basically any once of fat in your body, leaving the body with nearly nothing. The venom also renders your stomach useless as it changes your energy source from food to blood. As all this is happening, the victim is in excruciating pain, as you can imagine, but the body is too weak and tired to even try any more. Most of the lucky ones faint from the pain, but others are forced to be fully conscious while this happens. This continues for about three more days.

After the change is complete, the victim probably won’t recognize him or herself. A slimmer, taller, longer, and paler version of their human selves is what they’ll see. To any human, they would be drop dead gorgeous. But most of them don’t really pay attention to their new looks, they’re really only focused on their dire hunger. Usually, the first few kills a vampire makes drains the human completely of their blood because 1) they're starving from not having eaten in five days, and 2) they can't control the amount of blood they take due to lack of experience.

Most vampires start to discover most of their abilities right from the very first day, but some abilities are much harder to discover, some vampires will never be able to learn them on their own.

Mind Reading
This usually the first power a vampire discovers. They can hear the thoughts of humans, but not vampires. It’s not hard to control once you get the hang of it, but at first it feels as though everyone you can see is yelling at you in your head. But once you learn how to control it, it isn’t hard control it. For most vampires, they can’t hear the person’s thoughts unless they can see them. But some can just see the person’s face in their minds and can still see their thoughts. It depends on how experienced the vampire is. For some, it takes a great deal of effort to actually hear thoughts, but most can just easily feel what someone is thinking, sort of like a sixth sense.

Enhanced Senses
Vampires have very well enhanced senses. They can smell up to ten times better then the average dog, and they have very keen eyesight. Their hearing is enhanced, but it is no completely out of the ordinary. They are pretty strong, which makes them fast, but they can’t travel a hundred miles an hour, contrary to what you may have herd. Along with this, a few are also slightly physic in a way. They can feel when certain things, wheather good or bad might happen.

Shadow Transporting
Vampires also have the power to transport themselves using shadows. By using their thoughts they can control the place where the shadow will take them. This obviously can take a lot of practice and will power, but after doing this for a few months; they can get the hang of it. The first couple of times it happens, obviously it will fail, because it’s rather difficult to focus your thoughts on one particular thing for a long enough time so that the vampire can get to their destination.

Weaknesses
Basically sunlight, holy water, a puncture to the heart, and fire are their main weaknesses. Sunlight harms them very mildly, depending on how old the vampire is. The older it is, the more likely it is to feel pain from the sunlight, and is more likely to burn in it. Vampires don’t tan, their skin burns right off their body, if they stand long enough in it. Holy water is one of the purest substances on earth, and vampires are probably the most contaminated things on earth, and so it has an acid effect on their skin, and blinding effect on their eyes. If the heart is punctured, by anything, not just a wooden stake, the vampire will die, because as the venom escapes the heart, the body comes back to life so to speak, and the heart will die because of the puncture wound just like any other case where a human is stabbed in the heart. Fire is quit obviously lethal to vampires. It’s lethal to humans, but even more so to vampires. Because their skin is so brittle, it burns like a pin needle, therefore eliminating them.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this very brief anatomy of the SYHM vampires. If you have any questions, or think that this contradicts the story in any way, let me know and I’ll fix it. Thanks!

<3 MAPPIE
February 6th, 2010 at 07:27am