Note to self: it was probably unwise to call a creepy stranger's lost cellphone for them.

So I was waiting at the bus stop, knitting, wearing my pride scarf, when a random dude (maybe 40-50-ish) on a bike came up to me and asked how to get to... some intersection, I don't remember. Trinity and something, I think. He said he was a preacher there. I've only ever been to Catholic churches in fairly wealthy neighborhoods, so for all I know there might be preachers who bike around looking vaguely homeless. TBH, though, I didn't really give a crap if he was being honest, I don't like preachers anyway.

So anyway, he asked "do you believe in God?" And there I was, counting stitches in my cast-on, clearly uninterested, but whatever, could be entertaining if I had to rip him a new one. So I said "no, I don't", and didn't bother to look up. And he said, like I'd offended him, "well you ought to!" Naturally I gave him a dirty look. He scuttled off with his tail between his legs, and I went back to counting stitches.

Then later he came back, touched my hands unprompted (WHAT THE FUDGE) and said they were cold, then asked me for my name and age about 5 times. At the time I just wanted to go back to my knitting. In retrospect, creepy. Then he said he wasn't sure where his cellphone was, and could I call it for him? God knows how many times either G or her mom has asked me to do that, so I thought nothing of it, but I just got out of class and he's called me, left a voicemail, and texted me his number. Eeek.
February 10th, 2010 at 06:02am