I have a secret admirer (...early valentines day card)

The card was already on the mat when I got home from the recording - BBC debate at the town hall - and honestly I just thought it was my Grandad, as usual. But there was no hidden 'G' which is what he always does and it was signed with a single question mark.

The understated message was a sign of taste in spite of the crudeness of the Valentines Day commercialness, blah blah. It just says Valentine on the front in small, golden print with a heart created from two red thumb marks. Very original, I must say.

I spent the entire afternoon with my housemates trying to figure out who it could be. We inspected the envelope, the handwriting, the message and I was interegated about who I'd been handing out our address to. Truth is, I'd normally only ever mention the road, not the house number. So, unless I told the 'admirer' and he remembered, he must have asked around to find out where I live.

Other bonus points, apart from his excellent taste in cards, is that he was considerate enough to send it early, what with Valentines Day being on a Sunday! Turns out, this sort of thing is surprisingly nice when it happens to you! Really hope it's who I think it is...
February 11th, 2010 at 06:56pm