Snow Days

For the last 2 days I have stayed put at home because of the snow that students, and even the teachers eagerly anticipated. But I bet no one expected to have 2 snow days in a row! I however jumped up and down and screamed when I heard the news. I love snow days. I even accidentally hung up on my best friend when we were discussing our speeches for English class. We had hoped that one of us wouldn't come to school the next day so we wouldn't have to give our unfinished speeches that we both dreaded.
The snow the second day was even more than the first. The snow piled so high, my mom's Pilot was trapped all the way up to the top of the tires in it. My dad had to give my mom a lift. And of course I was forced to shovel the snow. Both days. But it wasn't bad. The snow was cold and powdery at the touch so it was easy to move. Plus I got to play in it, I know that sounds childish but its still a lot of fun just rolling around in it.
With snow, comes shoveling, which then come Hot chocolate. Swiss Miss with whipped cream and cinnamon on top. =D I accidentally burned my tongue though. It smelled so good, I got excited and took a big sip, little did I know my mom had literally just mad it. Yeah Ouch.

So these are all the things that come with snow days: The cold, no school assignments,Talking to friends, shoveling the snow, hot! hot chocolate, and the ability to do whatever you want for the day ( or in some cases 2 days). There is no school!!
February 11th, 2010 at 10:54pm