Help: tell me this is wrong, please. How can this be right?

This is absolutely ridiculous. Please, someone tell me that it is right and just for a 40-something grown man to put a guilt trip on a 15-year-old kid, who ISN'T EVEN HIS KID and did nothing to deserve it. I'm this girl.

My best friend's dad called me last night--ME, not my mother, me--and basically told me off for not staying over my friends house on Saturday (Feb. 13). He then goes on to say that he feels "offended" that I don't stay over that night or more often, and that, basically, I OWE THEM. He then tells me that he feels like a "taxi service" for driving me to a concert my friend (his daughter, who 'invited' me) and I are attending this Saturday, and that he doesn't appreciate the fact that he feels used.
He says also that my friend "Isn't bold enough to tell you how she feels." When I know damn well that she has no problem telling anyone and everyone off. Actually, she flips me off daily, when I don't do anything except maybe laugh at a joke or smile at something that happened before because she thinks I'm laughing at HER.

Um...WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?

Sorry for the language, but what the hell is going on in his mind?! Someone tell me, please.

1. I am the one who told my friend about this concert. She and her family are the ones who jumped the gun and bought three tickets--one for me, her, and her dad. Later, she asks her crush, who says yes, and so it is me, her and this guy. Way to make me feel like a third wheel, right? So THEN (get this) she asks our OTHER friend to go. Hello?!?! She ends up not being able to go anyways, but what the hell?! What is your problem?

2. I stay over their house ALL THE FREAKING TIME. I'm sorry if haven't in the past two months because I am in all HONORS CLASSES and can't even get eight hours of sleep every night! Or if my family needs me, or I am cleaning my house or babysitting.

3. She NEVER stays over my house. She has stayed over TWICE and each time she has left by eleven in the morning, while I am forced and guilted into staying at her house all afternoon, once until 5 at night.

4. I don't whine when we have to drive her home. I took her to a concert over the summer, and I didn't say jack shit to her when she decided she didn't want to stay at my house. I felt it was RUDE and INCONSIDERATE. I have slept at their house after her "birthday concert" once before, too, and I thank them all the time for anything nice they say or do or offer.

5. THEY'RE the ones being used? Uhm, actually, I am personally offended EVERY TIME I go over her house, in one way or another. Often it is insulting my MOTHER, whom I love dearly, right to my face. I NEVER say anything about her parents, in front of her or otherwise. Another time, it was saying my outfit (on a game) was "racy" and slutty, when it never even showed skin, unlike my friends costume, which was skimpier.

6. They use me for convenience. I am being used by them almost every time I hang out with my friend, okay? I am their excuse for them leaving her alone. When she wants to hang out, it's "call Alanna." Not always, but when it is me that goes over, you can tell they're trying to get me stay for as long as physically possible, so she has something to do. When she got depressed, they asked me and my mom CONSTANTLY if I could go over and see her. Like I don't have a life, or homework, or issues of my own? Don't get me wrong, I always did and I am always here for her, but really? Why not any of her other three friends?

7. FINALLY: They act like I am totally reliant on her, when in reality, SHE (or they) need ME. When the new Paramore CD first came out, I preordered it so I would have a copy. My friend then asked me over, saying her mom was taking her to the mall "right after school." Almost five hours later, we hadn't even left the house. So when her father came home (who called me, remember) he said, "If [my friend] doesn't do her homework, we're not going to the mall tonight." He then turned to me and said, "And that means, she can't burn a copy for you."
The way he said it made me feel like hitting him. He said it like he was talking to a five-year-old. So I took the certificate out of my pocket and said, "Actually, I already preordered the CD." He looked genuinely shocked. Serves him right.

So, my point is, where does an adult get off telling a teenager he is personally offended by her not staying over for ONE NIGHT, when I (the teenager) never did anything wrong, and even APOLOGIZED for offending him, saying that it was not meant that way, and his daughter NEVER comes to my house.

When I said that I didn't mean to offend him, he says, "Yeah, well it was taken that way."
As if he was saying, 'Oh yeah? Well fuck you.'

I am seriously considering not going to this concert with them, and instead going with another friend of mine. My mom agrees, and is pissed that the father even called. She volunteered to get tickets for me to go on my own and everything. So I'm ready to bail.

Any comments, questions, opinions?

I just need to know two things:

1. This isn't right of him, is it?

2. Should I bail on the concert?

I'm also thinking of breaking it off with my friend, which I'll rant about in another journal.

Thanks so much for reading my tirade.

--Kaylee
February 11th, 2010 at 11:16pm