Amazing. (TDG, BB, and Flyleaf? Oh my!)

I'm surprised I am actually awake and not too sore to write this after last night.

There was a Flyleaf, Breaking Benjamin, and Three Days Grace concert that I went to with my friend and another (cool) kid from my grade. It was absolutely amazing.

Flyleaf opened, and they were so insane and energetic. They truly appreciated how many people were there, and how many people supported them. I'll never forget what Lacey said,
"You are all so beautiful, and we love you...Just because we are up on this stage tonight doesn't mean that any of us are better than any of you out there."
They played songs from Memento Mori and their self-titled album. It was so much fun. Their second show was just as involved as the first one I went to, and the did not disappoint in any way.

Breaking Benjamin was next. I had no idea quite how much peopleloved adored them. When BB played, everyone was one big person, fist-pumping and screaming lyrics in unison. I felt like I was a part of something so much bigger than myself. And that sound cheesy, I know. They were angry, and heart-wrenching. Benjamin sang and screamed his heart out, and his face showed everything. They make me want to make my own music and be me. They played songs off Phobia, Dear Agony, and a song called Polyamorous, but I'm not sure which album that is off of. Incredible and my favorite set. They also played a song in remembrance of passed music geniuses such as Michael Jackson, John Lennon, Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Kurt Cobain, Jimmy Hendrix, Bob Marley and many more. They saved the best for last, closing with Diary of Jane.

Three Days Grace headlined. They played everything. Songs from One-X, Life Starts Now, and their self-titled. Everyone went nuts when TDG started to play, and Adam was just as into it as we were. When they asked for requests, they played Riot. At first he said, "I'm sorry to disappoint you, but we are not able to pay Riot tonight...Nah, we're just fucking with ya!"
Where we were, ten feet form the stage a huge shoving match broke out, and people stared moshing hard. I'm not afraid to say I elbowed and shoved a few people back! Before they played I Hate Everything About You, Adam said he wanted us all to sing along, and says, "...and if you don't know the words--and I mean this in the nicest way possible--where the fuck have you been?!" They played I Don't Care, even in the absence of Apocalyptica. Of course, Animal I've Become was saved for last, and everyone screamed and jumped and had their hands in the air, not caring about anything other than the present moment.

This was night I'll never forget.

I would post pictures for everyone, but I left my camera under my car seat. >:( Stupid me.
It was still amazing.
The best part? TDG taped this show. There were fliers telling us so. Amazing.
February 14th, 2010 at 08:14pm