Doctor Who Characterisations.

The one thing that I've been considering for a long while, is who my personal title for best (human) character of the entire series. Quite recently, I final managed to make this major choice. I have chosen Lucy Saxon as the overall winner in my personal awards as best human Doctor Who character.

My reasons, I believe that in the series, the actress who plays her character is not only perfect for the role of the Master's human wife, but also that she plays perfectly, the woman who manages to see past all of the guises of time and of his past and see the Master as a different, truer man. Well, at least she plays the 'dumb wife' part very well.

Lucy fills the space as the woman beside the Master, as so many women have filled the space behind the man who was both the Master's enemy and his aide, the Doctor. And as the Doctor and the Master are complete opposites, so are their women, the Doctor's succession of brave, empathetic women changed the Doctor, where the Master chose a woman who did not feel the regret of allowing him to do as he wished.

Hopefully soon I might actually decide who my favorite non-Human Doctor Who character is, and my favorite not-quite-human character is.

All for now.
February 15th, 2010 at 07:41pm