The Deal with 'Robin, Boy Virgin.'

First, this isn't a "I'm so sorry, but I just don't have the inspiration to keep going" confession. Lol, I'm gonna finish the sucker if it kills me. This is concerning the story's length and pace.

When I write, particularly with this story, I try and keep the story as true to real life circumstances as I can. So, while Robin, Boy Virgin is long (and will be much longer, I'm sure), I feel like I owe it to the authenticity of the story and the characters to let their relationships develop naturally.

Why does it take, like, sixty mibba chapters for a guy to kiss the girl he likes? Because in real life, a person wouldn't just plant one on their friend and crush after hanging out for a week. You'd think about it, mull over it, go through more experiences that make you like the person more and more.

That's where the excitement comes in, right? In reality, when you're hanging out with someone you like, it's exciting. You're hoping and waiting for a chance to touch the person, say something suggestive, all of that.

So anyway, that's why the pacing of Robin, Boy Virgin is slow and the story is considerably lengthy. If you're keeping up with the story, I want to try and have you really understand and feel for Robin (and all the characters, really). So, I write through every step, every aspect of Robin's life.

However, since this is a story, things won't just be left hanging, and mundane events won't suddenly stop the relationships. I have a plan, lol, I promise.

If you're finding the story tedious, I apologize, but this is the style in which Robin's story needs to be written.

And if you're enjoying Robin's sarcastic, geek narrative every chapter, then awesome sauce! I hope you keep enjoying it.
February 15th, 2010 at 11:22pm