Not Updating For A while - Writing A Book! [Possibly]

I haven't updated in some time because I just might be writing a book, and not the kind to post on Mibba. I thought of writing a real, physical, published book. And guess what? It's not fiction (or fan fiction). I have given this long, hard though and I will seek the guidance of some people in the real world I can trust.

Why? Because the subject matter is pretty big, but one I feel strongly on.
Zero tolerance polices and various rules in schools. I have suffered a great deal with this policy put into play, and it has emotionally wrecked havoc on my mind. My expulsion from school in 6th grade had been so hard on me.

See, I would go into detail, but unless any one really wants full detail I'll just give you the main ideas. I was expelled for "disturbing the peace" is what they said. When in reality, I was in a spiraling depression and my classmates used this as a tool to their advantage.

I was accused of being a witch, of casting spells and planning on killing everyone. To them, I was a regular ticking time bomb. A Columbine just waiting to happen. It started with a simple comment, not in the slightest serious and out of general annoyance.

There was a boy Bobbie who just antagonized everyone and I had said to a kid next to me "If I had a list of people I want to stab with a screwdriver, he'd [Bobbie] be number one."

And that, was honestly what got everyone spreading rumors. I was so out of my head, and I was only 11 years old. I certainly had no thoughts of seriously hurting any one, and for the longest time people agreed with me that Bobbie was annoying and they'd "kill" him too.

It scarred me. So after some digging and growing up and out of my depressive habits, I thought about writing a book not only about my personal experience with the zero tolerance policy but getting input from other students my age and teachers alike. Showing that it does more damage then good and relatively productive students are treated like criminals for making mistakes.

I tribute this idea with watching the documentary The War On Kids, it really made me feel that I wasn't alone in feeling wrongly prosecuted. There's more on my story and what the book would consist of if I indeed write it.

What do you think about Zero Tolerance?
And should I write this book?

I'd hate to end up looking like a fool, or just a immature child (which is probably the worst insult any one could give me since I try my hardest to be the mature person I know I am.)
February 17th, 2010 at 02:33am