Better version to my story Little Liar...

Ok guys, my teacher finally gave me my paper back and guess what? I MADE A 95!!! I got 19 points out of a possible 20! I AM SO HAPPY!

I just got home from a long day at school. The house smelled like vanilla and cinnamon. I went to my room and tossed my backpack filled with 5th grade homework onto my bed and went to find my mom. The hard wood floors were cold underneath my feet as I went to go find her. I finally found her in her room folding clothes as she normally did in the afternoons.

"Mom, can I get on the computer", I asked with puppy dog eyes. "Only if you did your homework", she said, still concentrating on the laundry. "I did". I had lied to my mom. It was like I went from a little angle to a little girl with devil horns on her head, but... I didn't care.

I was focusing on the game I was playing called shoots and latters when mommy yelled my name, indicating that she wanted me to come to her. I exited my game and started to walk to her. Then... it dawned on me that maybe, just maybe, she might ask me about my homework again. I walked as slow as I could before I was in her room.

She had her arms folded across her chest, her hair in a high bun, and I could tell she was mad at me. I knew what she was going to say. I knew I was caught. She asked me if I had lied to her about doing my homework before getting on the computer.

I was so scared; I even had butterflies in my stomache. She was looking at me with those evil eyes that told me she knew what I had done. I coundn't take it anymore. Those eyes can be so convincing sometimes. I finally caved into her mom stare and told her I had lied and didn't do my homework and that I was really sorry.

Sorry wasn't good enough for mom this time. She grounded me from the computer and TV for a week. Then I had to make the journey back to my room where I sat there until dinner time. I wasn't even allowed to get ice cream... Oh how much I loved ice cream! In a way I was glad to be grounded because I had lied, then told the truth and that was good enough for me.

Well?!? Did you guys like the better version?
February 24th, 2010 at 02:40am