I am cursed. [Who ever knew life could be so difficult/stressful?]

Rebecca told me she would really like to be an author for a career, but now she says she's going to go into the medical field.

Remember that bit from my last journal? Well, now she says she's going to go into Pre-Law. I swear that girl can never make up her mind. I think I'll make a list of all the things she's told me she is going to go to college for.

- theater
- writing
- CNA (medical)
- EMT (paramedic & ambulance [call the amb-a -lance] driver)
- pre-law

She's probably told me more than that, but those are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Since we're on the subject of Rebecca, let's stay on it for a little while longer. This girl is one of the most complicated people I have ever met. I'd really like to see a scan of her brain - or just be able to get inside her head for even just a few minutes - so that I could really understand her thinking process, because right now, it just makes no sense whatsoever.

Her and I have spent this week planning what we're going to do on Friday (my 19th birthday). At first, it was just going to be her and I hanging out, then driving over to the university, which is about 30 miles away, to meet up with some of my other friends and for me to get my synthetic dreads put in. Then, it came up that a person I know that runs the LGTBQ Resource Center over at the university is selling her car. In case you didn't know, my mom and I share a car, but it broke down a little over two months ago. Since then, we've both been relying on our friends to get us from point A to point B and back again. Needless to say, it has sucked hardcore. Anyway, we've been looking for a car.

Mom kept coming up with all these really shitty cars that she was considering buying. I kept telling her no. Well, miraculously, this really nice car belonging to that person I know turns up. It's a Saturn SC2, dark green, and has a sun roof and power windows and doors. Okay, I know that those things are kind of lame to get excited over since most cars have those features these days, but when you're poor and have only had POS cars your entire life, it's pretty exciting.

Anyway... I called this person and asked when I could come get the car. We agreed that I could meet her at 3:30 on Friday. When I called Rebecca and told her that, she started freaking out about where she was going to park. Like it's a big deal, right? I mean, the university has metered parking, but it's not like it's going to take forever to go get the car.

Whatever though... the point is, I need you to answer a question. What plan makes more sense?

A) Rebecca and I ride in her car to the university (30 miles) where she parks her car and we both meet the owner of the car. We both ride with the owner back to her place to get my car. We both ride in my car back to the university and spend the rest of the night hanging out for my birthday, then going home in our separate vehicles.

B) Rebecca and I ride in her car to the university (30 miles) where she drops me off and goes back home. I go with the owner of the car to her house to pick it up, then drive back to my town to pick up Rebecca from her house and drive all the way back to the university.

My opinion is that option A makes way more sense, but Rebecca seems to think B is the one that makes any sort of sense at all. Like I said, her brain works in mysterious ways. It's definitely frustrating.

Anyway... she then told me the reason she was arguing that so hard was because she needed to leave me at some point during the day to go pick up my birthday present. Like she couldn't have told me that to begin with? I don't really understand why she can't get it at some point during today or before we leave tomorrow, but hey, it's her prerogative.

Oh, did you think that was all the stress I've been through? I've barely gotten started people. Keep reading.

My brother and I have also been bickering back and forth a lot lately. He's stressed because his grandparents are remodeling his kitchen. Maybe that doesn't sound too stressful, but if you knew his grandparents, you'd know what I meant. See, they're neat freaks to the extreme. Even though my brother is 30 years old, they try to dictate his life, and since they own the house he's living in, they do a pretty good job. I think I'll list all the stupid shit they've put him through in the last month.

- his gma walked into his kitchen before the remodeling started & saw he had a few dishes in his sink, then proceeded to cry, stating that his house was "a complete wreck" (the dishes were the only thing in his entire house that wasn't clean

- they had to move his refrigerator to do some of the cabinets. when they moved it and saw dust under it, his grandma almost cried again. and his gpa just looked at him disappointingly (Seriously, it's a fucking fridge, you aren't supposed to move it to clean under it.)

- instead of going through the front door like normal people, his gma and gpa go in through the back. well, the back yard is where his two dogs do their business. his gma stepped in poo, and they both had a hissy fit. his gpa got mad that the dogs poo in the yard. (Where are they supposed to do their business? Is he supposed to potty train them?)

- they needed to get under the house for some reason, and instead of using the little door that leads under the house and the utility man having to crawl about seven feet, his gpa insisted on ripping a hole in the foundation.

These are just three of the endless examples I could give. It's just ridiculous. And my brother being 30 years old shouldn't have to put up with everyone's bullshit.

Anyway, he's been stressed because of this and has been "stabbing" me because of it.

Oh, and did I mention my birthday is tomorrow? I swear my birthdays are always one of the worst days of the year. This time of year just always really sucks for me for some reason. Maybe they're not bad at the time, but afterward, I look back and realize that something sucked majorly about them. Not mentioning any names.

I think I'm cursed.

So I've just been hidden away in my room all week watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall on repeat, listening to music, shuffling poker chips to the point where my wrist hurts, and snacking.

Image

Oh, and as a last side note: I'm really tired of the Google logo being that blue about the Olympics. It's just irking now.
February 25th, 2010 at 07:35pm