I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP!

I don't know how many of you keep up with my Formspring. If you do, you may have noticed that I just posted a long-winded answer to someone who asked about me and Brown University. I mentioned that I would be editing the first fifty pages of We Were Birds like mad.

Well, I could really, really, really use your help.

The first 50 pages of We Were Birds (actually 51 including cover sheet) is exactly the first seven chapters including the prologue. So it's:

Prologue; the birds
One; the funeral
Two; the train
Three; the beach
Four; the fight
Five; the kiss
Six; the boy

What I really need is for people to go and read over those chapters and just point out every single thing that is wrong with it.

Tell me every spelling and grammar mistake you see.
BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY...if there is something you feel is off about a chapter, even if it is the tiniest thing ever! please please please tell me! I'm sure I'll agree with most of what you say and if I don't agree...well, hey you'll never know. Most of the time, though, I do take what people think into consideration and I realize that they're right. I promise!

DO NOT WORRY ABOUT HURTING MY FEELINGS!

I promise my skin is thicker than that! Just tell me every little thing you can think of that I can change. I welcome your suggestions, as well, but if you don't have any then that's fine. I mean, this isn't the time to just rip into Birds and tell me how much you hate it.

This is also not the time to leave me a lovely comment saying everything is perfect! Although that is quite nice of you and I DO appreciate it, it's not the time for that either. This is the time to tell me all you think is wrong with it. Even if it is small stuff, I really do want to know.

Thank you thank you thank you!
March 3rd, 2010 at 04:08am