Racism? maybe...

Something happened to me the other day that made me start thinking.

I was in line at breakfast the other day when this girl taps my shoulder. She asked a really weird question "Can I see your face?" I turn around because i just thinking What The Hell? And she just starts laughing and so do her friends.

So when I sit down I tell my friends, one of them asks " Who was it describe her to me?" I didn't know her but I tell my friend she was black and before i finish she just says " Well I'm not surprised." And no she's not white she is part black. And you know what I'm not surprised either.

Most of the black kids at my school are racist. And are always treating me poorly. At my school I am nothing more then "The Little White Girl" And none of the teachers or other students care. I come to realize that a lot not all of black people are racist and rude (at least the lower class ones) And does that make me a racist? In my eyes no, but in a lot of others eyes yes it does.

The double standards in this country are ridiculous. If a white person says something somewhat offensive to black people we are deemed racist and attacked. But a black person can go around saying whatever they want about white people but it's okay. And then look at the term African American , I'm white not anything else just white. Things like BET are also racist, but it"s just fine with everyone else. Watch what will happen if they make a WET. It wouldn't be pretty. There are so many examples of the double standards in this country.

When will people learn THAT RACE DOES NOT FUCKING MATTER! Why does my school need to send home papers asking what race I am? Why does the early collage program need to have a least a certain number of each race? Why are there programs for only black people? Or for only Latinos? It makes no sense what so ever.

(oops i posted this on my sister's mibba but now i'm posting this on mine sorry)
March 4th, 2010 at 01:49am