Trying Hard Not To Scream

We've all had those days where we wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Unfortunately for me, those once distantly spaced days have become an everyday routine. I suppose wallowing in self-pity is the last thing I should do, I mean there's only what-- a billion other teenagers in the world who suffer from school?

Honestly, I usually don't mind school. Learning is one of the things I do best, and also one of the things I enjoy the most. However, what I don't like is being overworked, which school has definetly done to me these past few weeks. My mom always likes using the word 'drudgery' to describe her daily life, and I'm starting to see just what she means.

On top of three projects (which thank god I've almost completed) I have the biggest series of tests I'll probably ever take next week, and I don't even have time to study for them because of all the homework I have. I think a lot of the work might be subtly preparing me for next week, but I can't shake the feeling that everything I'm doing right now is a waste of my time.

Don't get me wrong though, I value education, and by a waste of time, I simply mean before these tests. Afterward I'll have no problem slogging through quadratics and radicals, and solving long-winded chemistry equations.

Worst of all though, I hate what its doing to my writing. Lately, I've come home and tried to write simple paragraphs, usually to no avail. With all the noise of a large family, even when I do make time to type or scribble down ideas, I can't concentrate. And I'm sure more than half the people on this site (us being teens ourselves for the most part) know what only five or six hours of sleep does to you, which is all I can muster after a days work.

So, all in all, I'm trying not to scream. I'm trying not to rip my hair out and throw a tantrum. I'm trying not to whine, or fall behind. I'm trying to be succssful under a lot of pressure, and above all I'm trying to stick to what I love to do.

How about the rest of you? Has school, work, or just life pulled you into the depths of depression? I'm interested to hear your feedback.

- Barry
March 5th, 2010 at 03:20am