Hexed may have been the better word. [Death of a loved one, L acting like an idiot, and video games suck.]

So my brother has this thing where he desperately wants someone to watch him play his video games. No, not actually play with him, but just sit there and watch him play. Maybe this would be considered fun to some people, but not me. I get bored easily.

Anyway, we went to Wal-Mart (like always), and as we were getting ready to turn a corner, Dustin just stopped right in his tracks and I swear I saw the color leave his face. "Whoa," he exclaimed. I asked him what it was. "I swear I just saw dad," he said. Our dad has been dead for six years, so naturally my eyes went a little wonky. We backed up slowly, tracing our steps in reverse. Then we see it, a mirror across the room. It's crazy how much Dustin looks like our dad. Then he laughed and said, "I feel like Simba!" Then I proceeded to literally LMFAO. ::XD:

I was supposed to go there Tuesday night, then come home Wednesday at some point, but things usually never work out the way they're planned, especially when it's Dustin and me. We are the biggest procrastinators ever, but I suppose we make a good team in that. We were supposed to watch The Hangover on Tuesday night, but we never got around to it. Then we were supposed to watch it Wednesday during the day, but again... yeah, you guessed it... we never got around to it. So I went to the SRN meeting, hung out with my friends, then went back to his house. Just as I was getting ready to grab my stuff to leave, I get a call from my mom saying that I should just stay the night there. (My mom thinks it's impossible to drive at night because 'you can't see'. I always tell her that's what they make headlights on cars for. -headdesk-)

So I end up staying the night Wednesday too. We actually did watch The Hangover then. It was pretty funny, especially the whole part about the tiger being in the bathroom. And I thought the way the baby was treated was kind of hilarious, not because I condone child abuse in any way, but because I've never seen a movie before where a baby is treated so poorly. I feel like they really went out a limb in that one.

Anyway, finally to my point... I woke up around 10:30 on Thursday morning, got on the computer to check my email, Tumblr, Formspring, Mibbz, Twitter, etc., and at 11, the phone rang. When I answered and heard my mom's voice, I knew immediately that something was wrong. I asked her what it was and she replied, "Your uncle Scott is dead." I answered, "WHAT?!" Then she proceeded to repeat it about three times. That frustrated me, because it wasn't like I really couldn't hear her the first time. The what statement was more of a 'how did this happen and why' than anything.

It was just crazy because I never expected it to be him. I've been kind of expecting my grandma to pass away because she's in her late 70s, early 80s and has had a lot of health complications in the past year. Plus she's just in a lot of pain all the time. But my uncle seemed just fine on Sunday. He talked about how he wanted to take me to this new hiking spot that he thought was the "most beautiful place in Southern Illinois." We used to go hiking a lot. We looked for reptiles. He was weird, yeah, but awesome too. He didn't believe in trying to be something you're not, and he had an amazing taste in music. He's the one that turned me on to Bat for Lashes!

So I went home to find that Lonnie wasn't home. (Lonnie is Scott's older brother.) My mom explained that he was going to take off work at 3 to come home. Well, all of Scott's other siblings took off work, dropped whatever they were doing, the moment they heard and went to be with my grandparents. But not Lonnie. Never Lonnie. ::disgust:

3:30 pm - Let the catastrophe begin.

Lonnie gets home, takes a shower, goes into his room.
Mom and I assume he's getting ready to go out to his parents'.

4 pm

Mom and I are still waiting.
We listen closer and hear his tv.
I knock on the door.
He says, "Come in."
I go in and see he's just sitting there, watching tv.
"What are you doing," I ask.
"Watching tv," he replies.
"We have to go out to grandma and grandpa's. Get ready!" Then I slam the door.

I mean, Jebus, this is his frakking brother that just died, we're talking about. Not some nameless person he's never heard of.

4:30 pm

We are out by the car, getting ready to leave.
Mom says she doesn't want to drive and that I should.
Lonnie objects because this means he'd have to sit in the back. (It's a 3 door car, not difficult to get into the back at all.)
He says he can drive.
I object because this is my new car and he's an incredibly horrible driver.
He finally agrees to get in the back.

5:15 pm

We finally arrive at my grandparents' house.
Mom and Lonnie go into the family room; I go down to Scott's snake room in the basement.
I sit down, looking at all the gorgeous snakes in their tanks.
I bawl my eyes out.
Find the snake food log that Scott kept.
Figure out when the last time the snakes were fed.
Realize they won't need fed for a couple of weeks.
Go back up stairs and sit with family, talking about Scott.
Cry some more.
Lonnie speaks up with his booming voice and says, "Hey dad, I know this has nothing to do with Scott, but [inserts someone at work's name here] found an old picture of [inserts famous person from the wild west's name here] wearing a red sash."
Grandma continues to cry silently.
Grandpa stares into the distance as if he didn't hear him.
I facepalm.

Okay, if my brother died, I would not care about something that happened in history.

6:30 pm

We leave.
As it is my mom and Lonnie's 20 year anniversary (my mom deserves a god medal), we go out to eat to this little restaurant up town.
Mom picks an 8 person table at the restaurant because all of the smaller ones are filled.
She sits down, I sit in front of her.
Lonnie sits at opposite end of table.
I facepalm.
He says it's for more room.
Our dinner is finally placed in front of us.
Just as I get ready to dig in, Lonnie yells, "Ow" really loud and jumps up out of his seat, almost knocking over his chair.
He grabs his leg.
I know it's a leg cramp.
Instead of going outside and walking it off, he stands in the middle of the restaurant, grabs his leg, bends over, then proceeds to walk circles around our table.
Everyone in the place is looking at him.
Not to mention, he's cursing under his breath, but it's still very audible.
He puts his coat on deciding to walk home.
Then decides he can stay.
Sits down, but repeats.
Finally he leaves, but before he does, he stands half way between my mom and the exit and says, "Get my meal to go. I expect you home no later than 8. I mean it" really loud and gruffly.
Then he leaves.
A neighbor of ours mocks him across the place to my mom.
She laughs it off.
I'm so embarrassed.
A few minutes later, he walks back in like nothing ever happened and eats his meal.

8 pm

We leave, but he refuses to ride in the back, blaming that for his leg cramp.
So he ends up driving (horribly of course) home.
We get home.
Mom gets out.
Lonnie sits there, unable to find the handle that opens the door.
I turn on overhead; he still can't find it.
I reach forward and do it, then open my door and jump out, cursing at him.
He acts like he's a victim, saying, "God, Molly, what's wrong with you?!"
"What's wrong with me? You! You act like nothing is wrong, yet your brother just died. You act like everything is normal, but it's not, and not to mention you acted like a complete arse in the restaurant tonight. You're so embarrassing. I remember now why I don't go in public with you!"
He says, "It wasn't my fault I got a leg cramp."
I say, "No, but you could have gone outside instead of causing a major scene inside."
He says he couldn't have, that it was absolutely impossible.
Then he goes on this long rant about how I'm out of control and that I always think everyone else is wrong and I'm right, but that I must be out of my frakking mind because I'm the one who is always wrong.

Synopsis of the story: Lonnie is an insensitive frackwad that obviously doesn't care about anyone but himself.

Needless to say, I'm stressed.

But, on the good side, Dustin and I are going to St. Louis today to pick up his girlfriend from the airport. She's flying in from California. He's excited. And when we get back home, I'm going to Cat's where Erving is putting in my dreads. That reminds me, I need to buy some sort of wrap to pull them back with tonight for the funeral tomorrow.

Busy, busy, busy.

The end.

Image

Oh! And one more thing:

I started my story, Mibbzworld. It's a chaptered story about Mibbians, adventures, and magic. You should read it because who knows, soon you could be in it! And please please please comment with whatever you truly thought of it. This story is solely for Mibbians. I <3 you guys.
March 5th, 2010 at 07:14pm