Rant #1

Ok, I don't post on Mibba a lot, that is bound to change quickly seeing as how I need a place to vent. And what better place than good ol' Mibba? Well, I'm not one to use actual names, so I'll normally change their names or call them something different. But my main rant for today is this: Bad Grammar!

I can't stand bad grammar. There is hardly any excuse for intentionally using bad grammar. I can understand misspelling a word, and I'm grateful when peopel correct anything I type up. It helps me get better at using proper grammar. And I'll tell you now, I'm on Gaiaonine a lot, and even there we have people whom use improper grammar like: "wut ees u tlken beut?" Its horrible and I can't stand those people. They have no excuse to have that bad of grammar, right? And the point of "Its freedom of speech, you shouldn't make fun of them because they don't know how to use good grammar!" Thats bull, every one has the chance to learn how to use proper grammar. Every school makes you learn to spell words correctly, most of the time I would hope. And English and Language classes aren't nap-nap time kids! WAKE UP and pay attention for Pete's sake! In my local area we have single teenage mothers who are dooming their children to a life of illiteracy saying things such as "Yo baby daddy is wack", or whatever the current slang is. I don't care about using up to date slang and don't come to me using it. Because 1. I don't want to have to learn a second language to understand you, 2. It doesn't make you look smart, it does the opposite in most cases. And yes I will occasionally use improper grammar in the right moments to be funny. Or just when I'm being a goof ball like I tend to be. I doubt you'll see me being a goof on here though, seeing as how I'm mostly on here to blow off steam. And yes if you ever want to talk to me on Gaia and you also want to defend proper grammar I'll tell you my username, and ONLY if you really do use proper grammar and will be talking to me frequently. I tend to clear my friends list out now and again when it starts to get full of people I either: don't remember, don't talk to, or annoy me to no ends. Back on topic now. I can understand some people having a mental handy cap (My girlfriend for instance has a learning issue, but that isn't something I'm going into.) that they don't know how to spell properly and if they want I will take the time to help them learn to spell words correctly. My girlfriend for the past few weeks has gotten better with her spelling just from emailing back and forth and texting. I've even told her so and she's noticed it too. I'm not very strict with her about it because I know her situation. But most people don't have that excuse to use. I'm not very judgemental, but still bad grammar just grinds my gears. Like I said, if I misspell something, please do tell me. And the same goes for if I use improper grammar. But you can clearly tell the difference between when I'm acting like a goof and being serious with my typing. I'm not typing this from home mind you, this was typed up in my Business and Computer Technology class while I was thinking about this. At home my FireFox has spell check active so it tells me most times when a word is misspelled. And I use it frequently to figure out how to spell words. I'm also a good speaker, or so my teachers say. And it blends into my work place (GameStop) when I help customers. My co-workers say that they've had customers come in and say nice things about me. Which I do my best to communicate with them.

(Will continue this rant at home. Have to work on PowerPoint.)
March 9th, 2010 at 04:19pm