Life: Why Punching Walls is a Bad Idea

My fellow Mibbians, today I have some very helpful advice to share with you.

When someone pisses you off, it is not in your best interest to turn around and punch the nearest wall.

This is a bad idea for several reasons:

1. First and foremost, your hand hurts. Unless you've got tough hands from years of punching experience, it is very likely that your knuckles will end up bruised and feeling kind of separated from the rest of their comrades. If you're really unlucky, your hand will swell up and be rendered useless.

2. Secondly, although esthetically pleasing to some, most parents do not consider holes in walls attractive. This will usually result in a lecture and the suggestion that you enroll in some anger management classes.

3. Finally, said person who pissed you off will likely question why you would do such a thing, and inform you of how stupid it was (as if you weren't already aware of this, from reading this journal or from personal experience). This person is probably quite unaware of the fact that they infuriate you, and although it is very tempting, it is best not to repeat the incident on their face/other body parts.

In conclusion, although it might seem like the best option at the time, taking out your frustration on a flat, hard surface is not a good idea in the long run (especially if you are unfortunate enough to hit a stud, which however would eliminate problem number 2).

I now bid you farewell, in hopes that you will now go forth and find better methods of controlling your anger...like yoga or some shit like that.
March 10th, 2010 at 04:52am