Soundwave Weekend.

I partied with some dudes from Set Your Goals, plus the drummer from Baroness and his tour manager, Jason. Went to my first strip club, watched Matt (who is known as Half Man among my friends and I) get hit on by a stripper and get carried away on her direction by Jason. Funny shit was funny. Headed to Capitol/Amps (and bribed our way in with Soundwave laminates and the fact that SYG were playing there the next day- save of $80, hoorah) and had a grand old time. Epic dance party on the dance floor, including some wicked fist pumping, breaking dancing and I swear we danced the box step at some stage. Once walking back to the hotel, which had awesome picture opportunities and also including changing the names of the Soundwave bands that were written on the glass window outside a music store. AntiFlag are now Anti-Fag and Faith No More are Fat No More. They enjoyed their diet immensley. After hanging out in the hotel for about half an hour, an convincing myself to drive and that I wouldn't get pulled over by the cops, my sister and I left. Got home at 4.30am.

Saturday- up at 10 then in the city by 12.30 to pick up Allen (Baroness drummer) and take him to the beach. Jason and the SYG dudes bailed but that's okay, we had fun swimming the eating fish and chips, discussing the Soundwave tour, Brooklyn and music in general. Our friends too him back to the hotel so Lise an I could get ready to come back to the city because guess who had door passes to the Set Your Goals sidewave? Yeah me. Half Man Matt came out the doors and have us hugs and confirmed we were on doors, hence making those around us jealous. We get inside, chat to Junior then find a spot the stand by the stage. Lisa gets dragged outside by the bf to meet who else but Hayley fucking Williams who is both adorable and so short yet so intimidating. I was actually scared to ask for a photo but got one. She was so nice about being bombarded with photos.

Zac from all time lol was drunk an proclaiming his love for playing in Perth. I watched SYG with a huge smile since I didn't know the words cuz I am a fail frien but I pop-punk jumped my way through that set like no other. Half Man Matt even said "Chuck a right" onstage, leaving the 5 of us in the crowd in stitches as the rest of them wondered what the inside joke was. I have to admit, I felt pretty cool. Once their set was over, caught Joe standing at the back, congratulated him on an awesome yet and had to go because I was dead tired and didn't want to die at the festival the next day. Apparently he was bummed to see me leave, according to my obscenely
gorgeous amazing friend Jess.

Ran into Hayley again outside who was photographing a price of paper on a van for the next day that said 'PARAMORE'. She was so excited. Her and Josh from youmeatsix headed back to the hotel. So I headed home and rested up for the Soundwave concert.

Aside from being the hottest day on the tour, sweating so much my fingers went pruney and actually taking off my shirt and walking around in a bra to ring it out, it was an okay day for me. Got absolutely killed in Paramore, and can officiay say I got my arse handed to me on a silver platter by 'hayley is so fuxking hot' fans. Wankers. It's a whole band. After getting un-dead from security I made my way to the back to watch them, found my best friend Kate and we danced through the next 5 songs.

SYG were great as usual and got Junior's pick, who purposely gave them to security to hand to me. Illie that dude, who actually remebered me from when I met him in Adelaide. All Time Low had some technical problems so had to cut their set a song short but were excellent non the less. They became popular. It was weird and also painful bit so much fun. I may or may not have eye raped Jack and the hrabbed his arse whenbhe jumped up on the barrier in front of me. Hey, what's a girl to do??

Caught some of Jimmy Eat World before my sister started to feel sick so we went to first aid who wanted to send her to hospital but she refused like a trooper. She spent the next hour lying on my lap and waiting for A Day to Remember and Escape The Fate to finish so we could watch the last band, Enter Shikari before going home. I'm not a ES fan but holy mother of God they are insane live. Ever been to a show where the band have made the crowd build a HUMAN PYRAMID during a chorus? I can officially say I have.

Apart from almost dying from the heat, I swear I lost like 5 kilos in sweat. It was a good day, got stuff officially signed by syg, who thanked us for hanging out and taking them to a strip club. Again, surrounding people who weren't happy/jealous but hey, that's the way the cookie crumbles. And I envoke the right to brag. Maybe I'll see Half Man Matt since he's here til Thursday.

Right, i've spent enough time sitting outside McDonds using their Internet. I should probably get home. Sorry if there's spelling errors, iphone's are a bitch to update with.
March 10th, 2010 at 03:24pm