Will You Be My Key?

Its right there what I wanted. I reach and I reach. I keep telling myself to reach a little more. Push a little harder.But I was born with arms too short, my head always in the clouds, and my heart on my sleeve. What a wonderful combination!

A combination that leads to disaster most of the time. A way of life that I'm trying to change, but how can I change myself? I am who I am, I dont know how to be any other way. I don't know how to be more like you, Nor do you know how to be like me.

Maybe it just takes time. Time the all magical healer, the fix everything tool, but what if time doesn't change what I need to change? Or maybe by the time it changes it wont matter anymore? or maybe I just think too much about the maybes and the what ifs.

At some point I need to realize that what has happened, has happened, theres no taking it back, no redos, even though we've tried to be the wayy we were, there's just no going back. The past is the past. Look forward at tomorrow and only look back at the good.

But thats easier said than done. Especially when you're caged in your mind like I am. One day someone or something will bring me a key and I can finally be free. Until then I just gotta have a good time in this jail.
March 11th, 2010 at 07:02am