Hiding Behind The Looks.

Sterotypes.

i really dislike sterotypes. i dont get the point of them, At highschool you will see the populars and the jocks hanging togatheer gosspiing and making fun of the emo`s and scenes. or the smart people.

A short time last year, i was being called goth cause i wore black. And i wasnt, yeah i wore abit of black but that dosnt mean im goth. it just sickens me that peole all of a sudden assume that your a nerd if you get 96% on a math test. and people assume your goth if you wore black, and assume your a popular person by hangin with the jocks.

its actually quite sad that people assume the people are a emo,scene,goth,prep,nerd etc without even getting to know them. people can tease their hair and wear skinny jeans and bright colors.. and people assume that their scene. but underneath the looks , they could be depressed and unhappy, and people wont take the time to realize who the person is before judging them.

A popular can be trendy and fashionable but underneath all the party`s and jocks. she could be a really smart person and be getting A+ on all her grades. and she could be acting dumb infront of her friends.

By now you should know where im getting at. before you judge them and putting them in catagories, get to know them. I have a friend who is really smart, and i call her a nerd just to bugg her. but i got to know her and i found out that she`s not actually a nerd. she`s a really cool person, she may be getting good grades and love to read. but that just means that i actually got to know her and to know that she`s not who everybody assumes she is.

i just wanted to say that dont assume people are scene or goth or other. get to know them first, then atleast you can know the person underneath the mask

Popular person- could be a nerd.
Nerd- could be a person thats really fun to be around
scene- could be a person who LOVES fashion
Goths- could want to be friends with populars.

Get where im gettting at?
March 14th, 2010 at 09:03am