Nothing like a private show by one of your favourite bands..

Well, a nearly private show.
So tonight I saw Bird By Bird in Houston (Jon Devoto of the Matches new band).

This show only happened because I asked if he'd play Houston or New Orleans soon and he found a gig in Houston.

So I left for Baton Rouge Sunday and drove to Houston this afternoon. We got to the venue at 5:30 and no one was there. We saw the band loading in and we talked to their roadie Zen (yes, his name was Zen). He's a really nice guy. =]

I saw Jon come out a little while later and waved at him. I thought he would just wave back but he actually came right over.

I said I was finksgirl from Twitter and he smiled and went "Oh... you drove a long way to get here, huh?" we talked for a while basically about the band and about Katrina when he asked me about my house. He said he was sorry he couldn't book a closer show.

We got pictures and then he had to make a call after introducing us to the rest of the band.

So we see 2 guys come up really close to showtime and one had a Matches shirt. I said hi but they really weren't talkative. In the end the only people at the show besides the other bands were me, my 2 friends and those 2 guys.

We talked to Zen the roadie some more and bought a shirt and the Albatross EP. =D (15 bucks well spent) then the show started.

We actually got a nearly hour long set. Jon looked at me over half the show and him and the other guitarist were grinning when I sang along. They played Darkness Rising too and it was so epic.

All in all, it was an amazing night. The most intimate show I've ever been to and with one of my favourite musicians of all time. =]

PICTURESSS!

Image
Me and Jon. ::inlove:

Image
the show.

VIDEO!


-Ashtray
March 16th, 2010 at 05:26am