I look AWESOME. And I found a fedora that's almost big enough for my head! Pics within.

Image -- I had to mess with the shadows and highlights on this one so you could tell the tights were green. This is what happens when you take pictures with Photo Booth in your apartment at night, kids.

Image -- Shoes and tights detail, because I'm just so thrilled with the texture of these things.

Image -- Hat! Haaaat! I'm pretty sure fedoras aren't supposed to fit like that, but... I want a Julie Andrews drag outfit! So I'm pretending they are.

In case you care: the sweater-dress and tunic were found at the SPCA thrift store, the tights were a Hanukkah gift, I bought the fedora at the arts & crafts fair on campus yesterday, and the flats were bought at Target last December.
</ narcissism >

My computerized accounting class started today -- it's basically just an eight-week Quickbooks class. I managed to wrangle out of the professor that I could indeed use the textbook Chegg has (I have store credit there, so it's effectively free) instead of the package with useless Windows-only software the campus bookstore sells. Woo!

G came along to my business law and intro business classes yesterday. We packed an excellent lunch and dinner, and it just so happened that we had the good fortune (and timing) to show up on the first day of the campus arts & crafts fair. There was a vendor selling fair-trade African jewelry (I'd be more specific but I don't know whether it's all from one country or several, or indeed which country any of the merchandise was from), baskets, and very pretty large wooden serving spoons. G got two pairs of earrings from them. We also wound up with a butterfly clip with silk flowers on it, a pair of salt and pepper shakers in the form of two people hugging, and my fedora.

Later on G was able to articulate what it is about the boy who sits in front of me that makes me uncomfortable -- seems he's been flirting with me pretty heavily and I just hadn't consciously picked up on it. (Hi. I'm terrible at noticing that sort of thing.) Also, he made a snarky remark about where I was in G's priorities that made me very glad I don't date men, because if coming along to your SO's classes is a really high priority for him, he's... probably kind of stalkerish in relationships. I think if he doesn't let up I might switch seats or something -- the class is empty enough that it wouldn't cause much trouble.
March 18th, 2010 at 04:21am