Thursday was the best worst night ever

Why? Well on Thursday the 18th I saw The Used. I went with my sister, Lauren and friend Em.
So I'd been waiting three years for them to come, (couldn't get tickets for Taste of Chaos because I wasn't allowed to go because I was 12).

Anyway, getting tickets to see them was a big deal. I live a couple of hours away from where they were playing so we drove down and lined up around six o'clock. Gates were supposed to open about 6:30 but only opened around 7. We were pretty far back in the line which basically meant I was not going to get to the front barrier of the mosh.

When we eventually got in we were about ten rows away from the stage. Due to the fact that I am only 5ft, I couldn't even see the drums that were on stage. When the warm up band came on I got separated from Lauren and Em and was pushed towards the front of the stage. By the time they finished playing I was about three rows from the front of the barrier and I couldn't see a thing. I was being crushed by people who were heaps taller than me and the fact that I'm claustrophobic didn't help. So for half an hour I can't see a thing except for the heads in front of me, and I'm so stuck I can't turn my head to try and find Lauren + Em. When The Used come on, I cannot see a thing and (I didn't know it was even possible) I really cannot breathe because I'm being pushed up against. I had a few people around me trying to look after me- they though I was 12 or something - telling me to get out of the mosh. I'm stubborn and just said no. They opened with blood on my hands and by the end I was crying in pain from being crushed, I thought I was going to die, so overdramatic but true. So during their second song, which I can't remember I plain just passed out.

I've never passed out before, AND ITS JUST MY LUCK THAT IT HAPPENED WHEN MY FAVOURITE BAND WAS PLAYING. From what I've been told a bouncer and a couple of people around me had to try and pull me out... but the story gets worse, when I was being pulled out it was so tight in the mosh, that my pants came half way down my thighs!!!! Thank god my underwear stayed on. I was wearing fluro vans (my friend recommended this incase I got lost as a joke) and by chance I was spotted by Em who bolted from the back of the venue. Now since I was carried in front of the barrier one has to assume that if you can see me from the back of the venue (and because I was first one to be pulled out of the mosh) that The Used would have seen my butt.

So when I wake up I'm in this room next door and this paramedic bitch is telling Em to calm down while Em screamed at her "I'm fucking calm, this is her favourite fucking band!"

Then I blacked out again, and when I regained consciousness once again, I pulled my pants up (thought you might be pleased to know) and starting giving this paramedic hell. I know it was a horrible thing to do but I swear to God, the Used mean so much to me and seeing them that one time could have been the only opportunity I ever had.

Anyway the paramedic tells me "I can't go back in". I only heard one song of their's! For about 20 minutes we watched them on a monitor that was set up. Then Em decided it would be a good idea to take one of the tables and move it to the door so we could see them play. I swear it's the second best idea she ever had. The best idea? Daring me to go back in.

The plan was that I was going to go back into the mosh and get pulled out by a security guard and try and grab for Bert hahahaha. So I went through the mosh pit with my tear stained face and I was still shaking from passing out. I travelled from the back of the right hand side of the venue diagonally to the front of the barrier on the left side. A security guy saw me and was like "Come sit here."

IN FRONT OF THE BARRIER, right in front of Quinn Allman.

So I sit down and just stare at him, still crying because I'm so excited to be there and he looks right into my eyes and mouthes "Are you OK?" I just cried harder because I was so shocked! Thinking back, I'm just embarrassed. And he smiles at me and then winks and they start another song. So I look over to Bert and he looks right at me as well and does the "Cadbury eyebrows". If you don't know what that is watch the vid on youtube.

Pretty much straight afterwards I get pulled out by the same security guy who took me outside after passing out and they threatened me that if I went back in again I would be kicked out. So I just watched from the table for the rest of the night. I have so much regret.

Sorry about all this horrible grammar! I wrote this quickly.
March 20th, 2010 at 04:33am