Why Mondays suck at life.

Good afternoon, everyone :)

This is one of those I'm supposed to be doing homework journals. Those always end up being the best ones if you ask me.

Well, today was the first day back to school after spring break. I woke up late and had to get ready in ten minutes. I was actually pretty impressed with myself for being able to do it. I didn't put on any make up though and of course today had to be the day that this really hot senior, who I almost never see, walked with me to class. The one day I look like crap he has to show up >:( I guess it could've been worse though. Like I could've forgotten to brush my teeth and had really bad morning breath.

Tomorrow all the sophomores have to go to this thing about preventing suicide. It's supposed to be really moving and make you think about things. I know some people who are really going to have a hard time with it, because they had a friend who committed suicide, but I've never been in that situation.

When I was little my grandma tried to kill herself a few times. She has mental problems and was in one of those crazy houses several times when my mom was growing up. So once she started trying to committing suicide my mom removed her from our lives. So really suicide doesn't hit me hard like it does some people.

I think it's a tragic thing and I can't imagine having someone close to you be suicidal. Have any of you read 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher? It's a book about suicide. Probably one of the best books I have ever read. It really made me think about things.

FOTD:
You're more likely to be hungry when you're cold.

QOTD:
What did you do today?
What's your most embarrassing moment?
Do you know anyone who's tried to or did commit suicide?

xxMaddie
March 23rd, 2010 at 12:11am