From New York to Israel

Well as many of you may know I am currently in Israel. I decided I will document my time here and my experiences as a soldier in the Israeli Army.
I created a blog called My Time In Israel: From New York to Israel.
Here is the link:
http://fromny-israel.blogspot.com/
I will post my photos, poems, adventures, everything.
Mibba doesnt really let you post photos so I figured this would be an excellent way.
It also might be interesting for anybody.
Hopefully I will be able to break the stereotypical thoughts that everyone has on Israel.
So I will debunk a few right now.
1. There is grass here.
2. There is internet here...obviously.
3. They are just as advanced as the US if not more advanced.
4. Believe it or not it is much safer in Israel then the US. Dont go to any of the territories(Gaza, West Bank) and you will be fine. You will have a great time in fact.
5. Most people speak english.
6. They are not as violent as the media makes them out to be. This is a life loving place.
*NOTE* Ignore the media! They exaggerate everything and make things so much worse then they actually are. Such bullshit they say.
7. The food is excellent.
8. They love coca cola.
9. They don't hate Germans.
10. This place is filled with history. It is like a real life walking museum. And its absolutely gorgeous.

Well there are some debunked stereotypes/myths.
When I get more time for my blog I will post photos of its beauty and everyday things.
Enjoy it. :)
March 23rd, 2010 at 12:46am