Laid off, and suing Ford company. (Venting here)

I'm so frustrated!
My mom and dad used to work for this oil field company.
they both made alot of money. I'm not sure how much, but they both have their own cars, and I'm only 15, and they got me a new car for my bday. so yeah. I'm pretty sure they made alot.
Umm, well, In November, they got laid off. They worked there for 20 years. No severence pay or anything. he just let them go. My mom got a new job about 2 months ago at the court house, but no luck for my dad :( and now, we're like really struggling. The oil industry SUCKS right now! like REALLY BAD! Where I live, there's lots of oil companies. But, all of them are really slow. So yeah. It's scary. And so different. I'm not spoiled, but i'm just used to always having money and like going out a lot. I'm okay with not having a lot of money, and I understand that we don't have alot of money right now, but still. Like, its just weird.

Anyways, Today, my dad went out of town to talk to someone about a job, and on his way home, He had a blowout, and the truck almost flipped. He put a spair and came home, so he picked me up from school in my car, and we had to take his truck to a tire place.
He bought the truck NEW in 2007, and they had told them that they had swapped the tires, and put the original ones. They had smaller ones before, but asked him if it was ok to put the other ones back. He said ok. Well, at the tire place, they were trying to figure out what was wrong with it, since they're new and his truck don't have a lot of miles on it. They fonud out that the tires are 2005's. So, yeah. We didn't know, and I looked at all the paperwork. Not one contract that they signed said that the tires were used and from 2005. And, now, he says that if they dont' give him new tires (which the store manager said that they probly won't, but he has to ask his boss), then my dad wants to sue. So, yeah.

I've been very stressed and frustrated! Grrr. I'm so mad and sad and stuff:(

Sorry for venting a little. I just had to write it out.
March 25th, 2010 at 03:08am